- The industry's first IOP-based, Serial ATA (SATA) II RAID adapter, the MegaRAID(R) 300-8X, to be shown along with the first combined Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) HBA and MegaRAID SAS demo featuring expander connectivity with SAS and SATA drives.
- LSI Logic unveils RapidChip(TM) Platform ASIC slices that enable x4 PCI Express applications.
- The Intel presentation, "Storage I/O and Clustering Interconnect Performance Advantages in PCI Express* Servers" will feature Luca Bert, director of product and program management, from the LSI Logic RAID Storage Adapter division.
MILPITAS, Calif., Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) premieres the industry's only IOP-based Serial ATA (SATA) II adapter with Port Multiplier support, along with product demonstrations using Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and new RapidChip(TM) slices for x4 PCI Express applications at the Intel Developer Forum Fall 2004.
"IDF is the ideal venue for LSI Logic to showcase its complete range of storage technologies to industry leading server OEMs, from embedded SATA software RAID to hardware RAID and from SCSI RAID to the next-generation SAS RAID," said John D'Errico, LSI Logic executive vice president, Storage and Communications Components. "In addition, IDF allows LSI Logic to demonstrate to the PCI Express* community how new applications can be delivered to the market quickly utilizing our next generation RapidChip slices optimized for PCI Express."
LSI Logic's presence at IDF Fall 2004 encompasses involvement in multiple industry activities, including:
- The LSI Logic booth, #817, will showcase:
- MegaRAID SATA 300-8X, an IOP-based SATA II RAID storage adapter, inside two 3U, 16-bay SATA storage server chassis from Advanced Industrial Computer (AIC).
- This will be the first demonstration in the industry for an adapter with Port Multiplier support, which allows users to connect up to 32 devices using eight, 1-to-4 Port Multipliers; driving down the cost per port.
- The first combined Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) HBA and MegaRAID SAS PCI Express adapter demo featuring x12 expander connectivity with SAS and SATA drives.
- The PCI Express Community, kiosk #934 will unveil LSI Logic's:
- RapidChip IntegratorQS family of slices, optimized for x4 PCI Express applications, which demonstrates how its link layer controller (LLC) supports the RapidChip IntegratorQS for quick time-to-revenue.
- The Intel Enterprise Pavilion where LSI Logic will demonstrate:
- Embedded SATA Software RAID based on the Intel ICH5R from the Lindenhurst family in the Enterprise station (kiosk #44).
- MegaRAID SAS PCI Express* adapter in the Communication station (kiosk #53).
- Luca Bert, director of product and program management, from the LSI Logic RAID Storage Adapter division, will present in the Intel presentation "Storage I/O and Clustering Interconnect Performance Advantages in PCI Express* Servers" -- Thursday, September 9th at 10:30 a.m.
"PCI Express, with its high-speed serial I/O architecture, is an ideal technology to address the growing demand for higher storage device throughput in the enterprise space," said Jim Pappas, Intel director of Technology Initiatives. "The PCI Express architecture found in LSI Logic's spectrum of PCI Express solutions from ASICs to storage standard products to MegaRAID storage adapters, reflect the industry's rapidly growing acceptance and implementation of the PCI Express architecture."
LSI Logic is recognized worldwide as the leader in developing storage industry technology standards, and is the only company that delivers first-to-market storage products across all critical interface technologies. The company is the leading third party supplier of host-based RAID to the global PC and server markets with more than two million RAID solutions shipped. LSI Logic is shaping the future of storage at the core of every business level.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation focuses on the design and production of high-performance semiconductors for Consumer, Communications and Storage applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. LSI Logic engineers incorporate reusable, industry-standard intellectual property building blocks that serve as the heart of leading-edge systems. LSI Logic serves its global OEM, channel and distribution customers with Platform ASICs, standard-cell ASICs, standard products, host bus adapters, RAID controllers and software. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035. http://www.lsilogic.com . SOURCE LSI Logic Corporation