Open, configurable CEVA-X DSP Powered Platforms Reduce Development Time by over 12 months
SAN JOSE, Calif. - September 13, 2004 - CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA; LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of digital signal processors (DSP) cores and communications solutions to the semiconductor industry, today introduced CEVA-X System Platforms™ - low-power, highly-integrated SoC platforms designed to reduce development costs and time-to-market for customers who are designing next-generation DSP-powered devices. Built around the industry-leading CEVA-X™ DSP cores, CEVA-X System Platforms are available immediately in two ultra- low power versions:
- CEVA-X System1100, a system optimized for wireless and general purpose DSP solutions
- CEVA-X System1200, a high performance DSP system, targeting a wide range of markets including wireless communication and digital multimedia devices.
Semiconductor designers today face escalating design costs and timelines combined with ever increasing challenges of right-first-time silicon. Integration and verification design flaws are predominantly responsible for silicon failure, resulting in increased development costs and delayed time-to-market. CEVA-X System Platforms are complete, verified hardware platforms that reduce development efforts, mitigate the risk of costly silicon re-spins and slash time-to-market by over 12 months.
"DSP powered solutions are the fastest growing segment of the semiconductor market and fundamental to all next generation wireless and digital multimedia devices," said Will Strauss, president of research firm, Forward Concepts. "The introduction of CEVA-X System Platforms can greatly reduce development costs, verification and time-to-market for customers deploying CEVA-X DSP cores."
CEVA-X System Platform exploits multiple innovative power-saving techniques such as system modules active only when needed, level-two memory architecture and caching, adjustable DSP system speed, decentralized interconnect topology and selective hardware/software wake-up events. These CEVA-X System Platform power management techniques reduce overall power dissipation by more than 50 percent.
CEVA-X System1100 is a low-cost platform optimized for wireless and general purpose DSP solutions and includes the following main features:
- Sophisticated power management unit for dynamic low-power consumption
- Complete set of hardware peripherals extendible through Advanced Peripheral Bus (APB)
- Host controller connectivity through Advanced High Performance Bus (AHB) compliant bridges Two level memory architecture enabling shared memory between CEVA DSP and ARM cores, reducing system complexity and power consumption
- Code replacement unit enabling on-the-fly firmware program bypasses >
CEVA-X System1200 integrates additional features that enhance the system processing power for applications such as digital multimedia devices and includes:
- Programmable and configurable 3-D DMA co-processor
- Tightly coupled hardware accelerators to integrate customers' own extensions
- Flexible and glue-less interface TDM and SPI ports for streaming audio samples
"In delivering the open, reusable and verified CEVA-X System Platforms, our licensees can reduce their time-to-market by more than 12 months for highly advanced next generation wireless and digital multimedia solutions," said Chet Silvestri, President and CEO of CEVA. "Building on our position as the market leader in DSP, CEVA-X System Platforms enable us to provide a total solution to our customers, from cores to platforms and from software to tools, spanning the complete design chain."
CEVA will hold a live web seminar introducing the CEVA-X System Platform on Tuesday, September 21st at 10:00 a.m. PT, 13:00 ET, 18:00 GMT. The webcast will be accessible via the CEVA Website at http://www.ceva-dsp.com. Please go to the website at least 15 minutes prior to the call to register, and to download and install any necessary audio software. If you cannot attend the web seminar on the day, you can view the archived seminar after the event.
For more information about CEVA, Inc, visit the about section of our website.