Shanghai, P. R. C. -- November 25, 2004 -- IPCore Technologies introduces China?fs first silicon-proven embedded-OTP (one-time-programmable) solution in CSMC 0.5um 2P3M CMOS process to design houses worldwide. The solution represents the most complete suite of service of its kind in the industry. IPCore offers standard emb-OTP IP macro libraries up to 512Kb with widest operating voltages of 2.4v ~ 5.5v. The complete solution suite includes:
- Silicon-proven emb-OTP IP macro libraries (x8 and x16)
- Full-custom sizes and features are available per customer request
- High-density standard cells and I/O?fs for chip-level design
- Technology files (LVS/DRC) supporting most design flows
- Application notes for DFT optimization
- OTP Programmer reference designs
- Design service from RTL/schematics to GDSII
- Turnkey service from GDSII to packaged parts and local delivery
- Product-level reliability qualification
Emb-OTP adds flexibility in programmability and manufacturing inventory control. It is extremely suitable for ROM-replacement in applications with small volume and large number of codes, and it is a popular technology for applications like microcontrollers, handheld devices, LCD drivers, speech synthesis and white/brown goods.
?gWe are excited to introduce the industry?fs most complete suite of services in emb-OTP. Our offering provides a robust solution to companies looking for low-cost flash/EEPROM alternatives or a ROM-replacement to increase product competitiveness on the market. The service was well-received by a few early adopters this year. Many products are already in small volume production and sampling,?h said Jasper Yang, VP of Marketing at IPCore.
IPCore?fs 0.5u emb-OTP is more competitive than 0.35u single-poly logic OTP. For instance, IPCore?fs 1KB IP macro size is 0.33mm2, compared to 0.50mm2 at 0.35um logic OTP. At 64KB IP, IPCore?fs macro size of 3.7mm2 is still very competitive with its 0.35um counterpart at 3.4mm2.
IPCore emb-OTP IP features:
- Wide operating voltage range from 2.4v ~ 5.5v
- Low read current: 1.4mA @ 32K x 16 at 4MHz
- Low standby current: 10uA
- Fast read access time: 70ns @ 5v
- Fast program time: less than 100us per byte
- Small macro sizes
- 32 bytes ID codes
- 10-year data retention
- 18 masks at CSMC 0.5um 2P2M CMOS technology
- Commercial temp range: (0?Ž to +70?Ž)
About IPCore Technologies
IPCore Technologies is a global IC design service company. With offices in China, United States, Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, IPCore delivers the most competitive IC design service solution to clients worldwide. IPCore can give your product an extra competitive edge in lower power, higher performance or smaller die due to its core competency in optimization. Optimization is aided by broad selection of internal and external tools and supported by a team of experienced IC professionals. IPCore is the One-Stop-Silicon-Solution company with flexible business models whether you need standard ASIC design service or full turnkey solution from concept to product. For more information, please visit http://www.ipcoreinc.com.