Board Members Provide Industry Insight for Association’s 2005 Strategic Initiatives
SAN JOSE, Calif. (November 29, 2004) - The Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA), the voice of the global fabless business model, announced today its 2005 Board of Directors, including the addition of six new board members.
The FSA Board of Directors consists of 18 directors selected by the Association’s voting members. This year, 11 seats were open for election, including five fabless company seats, three foundry seats, one integrated device manufacturer (IDM) seat, one backend supplier seat and one electronic design automation (EDA) supplier seat.
For the fabless seats, Dr. Dwight Decker, vice chairman of the FSA board of directors and chairman and chief executive officer of Conexant Systems, Inc.; David French, president and chief executive officer of Cirrus Logic, Inc.; and Dr. Di Ma, vice president of operations of NVIDIA Corporation, were re-elected to the board. PMC-Sierra continues its representation with the election of Colin Harris, vice president of worldwide operations. Ron Torten, vice president of global sourcing for Agilent Technologies Inc., is a new addition to the board. Each fabless company representative will serve a three-year term.
For the foundry representation, Dr. Jackson Hu, chief executive officer of UMC, was re-elected for another term. TSMC continues its representation with newly elected R.B. (Rick) Cassidy II, executive vice president, office of the president, of TSMC North America. Michael Rekuc, senior vice president of worldwide sales and marketing for Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing, joins the board this year.
Dr. Tien Wu, president of ASE Americas, Europe and Japan, has been elected to represent backend suppliers. Dr. Aart de Geus, chairman and chief executive officer of Synopsys, Inc., will represent the EDA sector. Returning board member Ron Boyd, director of external technology for Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., has been re-elected to represent IDMs. All non-fabless representatives will serve a one-year term.
Additional returning board members include:
- Wim Roelandts, chairman of the FSA board of directors and president, chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Xilinx, Inc.
- Jodi Shelton, executive director of the FSA
- Dr. Sanjay Jha, president of QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies
- Jeorge Hurtarte, senior vice president of corporate strategic programs for TranSwitch Corporation
- Vahid Manian, vice president of manufacturing operations for Broadcom Corporation
- Dennis Segers, president and chief executive officer of Matrix Semiconductor
- Jim Seto, vice president of ASIC engineering and operations at ATI Technologies
- Gina Gloski, formerly of eSilicon
- Dr. Evert Wolsheimer, vice president of quality and reliability at Xilinx
- Steve Michael, vice president of operations and R&QA for Exar Corporation
- Dr. Robert Pepper, FSA director emeritus and chairman of the board for KeyEye Communications
Technology leaders with a broad depth of industry experience and expertise comprise the FSA’s board. Together, they manage the strategic direction of the FSA, providing industry insight for initiatives that serve not only the Association’s members, but also the global semiconductor industry.
“By continually diversifying our board, we gain valuable insight into what our member companies need from the FSA,” said Jodi Shelton, co-founder and executive director of the FSA. “The addition of dedicated backend and EDA representation strengthens our board and collaboration within the industry.”
About the Fabless Semiconductor Association:
The FSA is the voice of the global fabless business model. Incorporated in 1994, the Association positively impacts the growth and return on invested capital of this business model to enhance the environment for innovation. The FSA provides a platform for meaningful global collaboration between fabless companies and their partners; provides members with timely research and resources; and identifies, debates, and discusses business and technical issues. FSA members include fabless companies and their supply chain and service partners and represent more than 21 countries spanning North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. www.fsa.org