Who: Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA), the voice of the global fabless business model
What: Issued its "Q3 2004 Global Fabless Financials Report" discussing key industry information for the quarter, including:
- Worldwide fabless industry revenue grew 30 percent year-over-year
- Fabless industry revenue totaled $8.3 billion
- U.S. fabless companies represented 75 percent of revenue, followed by Taiwan with 19 percent and Europe and China each with three percent
- Top ten fabless companies listed by quarterly revenue, which combined for $4.5 billion
- QUALCOMM (QCT Division)
- ATI Technologies
- NVIDIA Corporation
- SanDisk Corporation
- Xilinix, Inc.
- MediaTek Incorporation
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
- Conexant Systems
When: Now available to members and media; non-members may purchase the report at www.fsa.org/store