San Jose, California – Jan 7, 2005 -
- Integrates hardware and software IP for Multi-Standard Video Codecs
- Programmable platform for flexible Settop Boxes and Smart Cameras
- PACT XPP Technologies, the leader in reconfigurable parallel processing solutions announces the availability of the Smart Media XPP Video package (SMeXPP-V1) for the design of Multi-Standard Video Codecs and Video Processors. The SMeXXP is an integrated hardware / software package that includes all building blocks for the design of future-proof Video Processors. PACT's SMeXPP solution family enables manufacturers of Application Specific Processors (ASSPs) to replace inflexible hardware accelerators with PACT's fully programmable XPP-II parallel coprocessor.
PACT's SMeXPP-V1 turn-key solution package includes
- IP for a scalable processing array based on the XPP-II array with video enhancements that support up to High Definition (HD) resolutions
- Building blocks for integration into Systems-on-Chip (SoC)
- Optimized Software Video Codecs utilizing the XPP-II array as coprocessor
- Cycle accurate simulation models
- C-API for integration into SoC operating systems
“Manufacturers of Video Processors for Settop Boxes or Smart Cameras are faced by an increasing number of evolving video standards and higher bandwidth to be supported within one product. This leads to the strong demand to replace fixed functionality video accelerators by a fully programmable solution" said Peter Weber, Chairman/CEO of PACT XPP Technologies.
“PACT's SMeXPP-V1 turn-key package provides customers all the required building blocks for Multi-Standard Video Codecs. The proven XPP-II technology in combination with optimized Codec software features the lowest power consumption and silicon area requirements of any potential solution, while minimizing design costs, risks and time to market. Customers can now start their hardware / software design with the SMeXPP release V1 and update software subsequently for additional Codec functionality. The main advantage for solution providers is a unique hardware platform for several standards while end-users benefit from high performance Settop Boxes or Smart Cameras that can be upgraded at any time by pure software updates"Availability of the SMeXPP Video Solutions
PACT's XPP-II processor IP, which is the basis for the SMeXPP video solutions, is available from the shelf. The release schedule for the SMeXPP Video Codec software libraries is as follows:
- SMeXPP Application Library 1: MPEG2, MPEG4: Q1 2005
- SMeXPP Application Library 2: MPEG1, H.264, JPEG: Q3 2005
- SMeXPP Application Library 3: WM9: Q4 2005
PACT XPP Technologies is the leading solution provider for high performance reconfigurable signal processing tasks that demand extreme bandwidth and ultra low power. The company has developed the reconfigurable XPP™ (eXtreme Processing Platform) technology that provides superior flexibility in the form of customer defined dynamically adaptable hardware. PACT’s XPP technology is especially well suited for the fast growing markets in Video Processing, HDTV, High-Performance Printers, and other heavy computational applications such as Software Defined Radio.
PACT provides IP-cores for integration into Systems-on-Chip (SoC) and application specific SoCs as well as solution libraries for the target markets. PACT's XPP differentiates itself by low power consumption, ease of programming, sophisticated development tools and application libraries. Please visit us at www.pactxpp.com
Safe Harbor Statement Under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This news release contains forward-looking statements based on current expectations that involve risks and uncertainties including statements regarding the potential development availability of PACT XPP Technologies products. PACT XPP Technologies actual results may differ from the results described in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include, but are not limited to, general conditions in the semiconductor industry or interaction of PACT products with those of other companies.