MoSys Signs Sales Representative Agreement with Crescendo Technologies Ltd.; Partnership Strengthens Market Presence in China
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 24, 2005--Monolithic System Technology, Inc. (MoSys), (Nasdaq:MOSY) the industry's leading provider of high-density system-on-chip (SoC) embedded memory solutions, announced today that it has signed Crescendo Technologies Ltd. of Shanghai, PRC, as an authorized sales representative for MoSys in China.
Crescendo Technologies Ltd. is a premier electronics design solutions company, which provides EDA software and Semiconductor Intellectual Property (SIP) to leading electronics companies in China. Its customers include many ASIC and system design houses in China. Crescendo Technologies Ltd. was founded by a group of seasoned sales professionals from EDA companies such as Cadence, and has excellent knowledge of the Chinese markets. By providing complete solutions and good service, Crescendo Technologies Ltd. enables its customers to reach faster time to market and higher return on their investments.
"I am very glad to team up with MoSys to provide 1T-SRAM(R)-based solutions to China customers, especially fabless design houses who are focusing on consumer electronics chip projects," said David Yang, Crescendo's General Manager. "Compared to traditional 6T embedded SRAM alternatives, 1T-SRAM products help our customers to reduce die size, while consuming less power. I believe these solutions will raise our customers' competitiveness and improve their profit margin."
"Crescendo Technologies brings a wealth of sales and market experience in a critical region for MoSys' long-term growth plans, China," remarked Karen Lamar, MoSys' Vice-President of Sales and Marketing. "This partnership is another example of MoSys' firm commitment to delivering the highest level of sales and technical support to our customers worldwide."
Founded in 1991, MoSys (Nasdaq:MOSY), develops, licenses and markets innovative memory technologies for semiconductors. MoSys' patented 1T-SRAM technologies offer a combination of high density, low power consumption, high speed and low cost unmatched by other available memory technologies. The single transistor bit cell used in 1T-SRAM memory results in the technology achieving much higher density than traditional four or six transistor SRAMs while using the same standard logic manufacturing processes. 1T-SRAM technologies also offer the familiar, refresh-free interface and high performance for random address access cycles associated with traditional SRAMs. In addition, these technologies can reduce operating power consumption by a factor of four compared with traditional SRAM technology, contributing to making them ideal for embedding large memories in System on Chip (SoC) designs. MoSys' licensees have shipped more than 80 million chips incorporating 1T-SRAM embedded memory technologies, demonstrating excellent manufacturability in a wide range of silicon processes and applications. MoSys is headquartered at 1020 Stewart Drive, Sunnyvale, Calif., 94085. More information is available on MoSys' website at http://www.mosys.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements about the Company including, without limitation, benefits and performance expected from use of the Company's 1T-SRAM technology.
Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and expectations of future events that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results and trends may differ materially from historical results or those projected in any such forward-looking statements depending on a variety of factors. These factors include but are not limited to, customer acceptance of our 1T-SRAM technologies, the timing and nature of customer requests for our services under existing license agreements, the timing of customer acceptance of our work under such agreements, the level of commercial success of licensees' products such as the Nintendo GAMECUBE and cell phone hand sets, ease of manufacturing and yields of devices incorporating our 1T-SRAM, our ability to enhance the 1T-SRAM technology or develop new technologies, the level of intellectual property protection provided by our patents, the vigor and growth of markets served by our licensees and customers and operations of the Company and other risks identified in the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other reports that MoSys files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. MoSys undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason, except as required by law, even as new information becomes available or other events occur in the future.
1T-SRAM(R) is a MoSys trademark registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trade, product, or service names referenced in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Search Silicon IP
- MoSys Strengthens Presence in Taiwan Markets; Signs Sales Representative Agreement with Terasic Technologies, Inc.
- MoSys Signs First EDA to Its International Sales Representative Network; Newest Partnership Covers UK and Ireland
- MoSys Names FM COM as Sales Representative for Korea; Partnership Solidifies Presence in the Region
- MoSys Teams With Amos Technology to Expand International Sales Presence; Partnership Provides Entry into Israeli Market
- HDL Design House Signs Representative Agreement with Laflin Limited for Japan Market
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|