Xilinx And Sensory Networks Team To Deliver Latest Network Security Platform
Industry's first security platform provides complete development solution for high accuracy identification and prevention of threats at wire speed application throughputs
SAN JOSE and PALO ALTO Calif., - February 18, 2005, Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and Sensory Networks today announced a joint collaboration resulting in Sensory Networks' latest network security platform. The NodalCore™ Security Processing Unit, enabled by Xilinx Virtex-II Pro and Virtex-4 Platform FPGAs, is a next generation security processor designed for high- speed analysis of network traffic by security applications. Easily integrated into a wide range of network and security products through a selection of accelerator cards and accelerated appliances, the FPGA-enabled NodalCore platform dramatically reduces design time, engineering costs and technical risk in delivering cutting edge security products to the market. Sensory Networks demonstrated the NodalCore Security Processor Unit at the RSA Security Conference 2005, in San Francisco, Calif., February 14-18.
"In security, things change - network based threats must adapt in the face of a fast moving landscape of protocols and content types. By employing Xilinx Platform FPGAs, network equipment using NodalCore can dynamically adapt - all while maintaining wirespeed. This is something that no other vendor in the marketplace is able to deliver," said Sensory Networks' chief executive officer, Matt Barrie.
"To deal with today's alarming and unpredictable security threats, network security equipment must be designed for both performance and flexibility. Sensory Networks' NodalCore platform provides both the performance and adaptability required for a gateway appliance security processor," said Robert Bielby, senior director of Strategic Solutions Marketing at Xilinx.
The advanced features of the Xilinx Platform FPGA products, including logic density and speed, provided the necessary characteristics for implementation of Sensory Networks' high performance security processing engines, whilst retaining the ability to dynamically upgrade these engines in the field.
About Xilinx Platform FPGAs
Xilinx Virtex-II Pro devices include multiple PowerPC CPUs and multi-gigabit serial transceivers at no additional charge, providing unequalled capability and value for today's system design requirements. With over 10,000 worldwide customer engagements, Virtex-II Pro FPGAs have seen rapid adoption in a wide-range of applications.
Announced Fall 2004, the award winning Xilinx Virtex-4 family delivers more options, higher performance and lower power than any other FPGA family available today. With more than 100 technical innovations, the Virtex-4 family consists of 17 devices and three domain-optimized platforms. A multi-platform approach makes it possible for customers to select the optimal mix of resources for their application to achieve the highest functionality and breakthrough performance at the lowest cost. Devices are shipping now. For more information visit www.xilinx.com/virtex4.
About Sensory Networks:
Sensory Networks is a leading provider of higher performance, more accurate, deeper coverage network security technology. Sensory Networks is an OEM licensing company producing a range of platforms and accelerators for Antivirus, Antispam, Content Filtering, Firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems, based on the company's patent pending NodalCore™ Security Processor technology. Sensory Networks is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, has European offices in Notting Hill, London and performs research and development through its facilities in Sydney, Australia. For more information, visit www.sensorynetworks.com.
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Search Silicon IP
Xilinx, Inc. Hot IP
- Xilinx & Sensory Networks Announce Industry's Most Scalable, FPGA-Enabled Network Security Acceleration Solution For Emerging UTM Security Appliances
- Bivo Networks Teams with Xilinx to Deliver Industry's First Gigabit Speed Carrier Class IP Service Platform
- Kameleon Security Adds Investment from Xilinx to Deliver Hardware Cybersecurity for Servers
- Andes Technology Corp. Announces EdgeQ to Deliver Converged 5G and AI Silicon Platform with AndesCore RISC-V License for the 5G Open Radio Access Network
- Synopsys Fusion Design Platform and DesignWare IP Selected by Baikal Electronics to Deliver Latest High-Performance Computing SoC
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|