Update: Cadence Completes Acquisition of Tensilica (Apr 24, 2013)
Configurable Processor Company Continues Growth in AsiaSANTA CLARA, CA – March 10, 2005
– Tensilica, Inc., the only company to automate the design of optimized application-specific configurable processors for system-on-chip (SOC) design, today announced the expansion of the company’s presence in the Asian market with the opening of its first office in China, based in Beijing. A grand opening event, attended by government officials and representatives from major corporations, took place on March 9, 2004, at the Great Wall Sheraton in Beijing, China.
Speakers and dignitaries included:
- Zhang JingAn, General Secretary of China’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
- Beede Christopher and Ross Adam, Representatives of Robert S. Wang, Counselor for Economic Affairs, U.S. Embassy
- Chen Xiaonan, Vice Director of Semiconductor Group of Beijing Government
“We are pleased to establish a direct presence in China where we can work closely with the systems and semiconductor companies to help them differentiate and innovate using our automated design approach,” said Chris Rowen, president and CEO of Tensilica. “Tensilica’s ability to reduce time-to-market and provide greater performance will enable Chinese developers of multiple-processor system-on-chip designs to quickly achieve high profitability in new high-volume markets like consumer electronics. We have had success in other Asian markets with customers like LG Electronics in Korea and Epson and NEC in Japan, and look forward to similar results in China.”
The new Tensilica Beijing office is located at:
Shu Ma Da Sha Yin Zuo, No.2 Zhong Guan Cun South Avenue,
Hai Dian District,
Beijing 100086, PRC
This office will be able to satisfy the business and technical needs of Tensilica’s customers in China. Tensilica’s other Asian offices are located in Taiwan and Japan.About Tensilica
Tensilica was founded in July 1997 to address the growing need for optimized, application-specific processor solutions in high-volume embedded SOC applications. With over 70 customers worldwide for its Xtensa configurable and extensible processor cores, Tensilica is the only company that has automated and patented the time-consuming process of generating a customized processor core along with a complete software development tool environment, producing new configurations in a matter of hours. For more information, visit www.tensilica.com
.# # #
- Tensilica and Xtensa are registered trademarks belonging to Tensilica Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Tensilica’s announced licensees include Agilent, ALPS, AMCC (JNI Corporation), Astute Networks, ATI, Avision, Bay Microsystems, Berkeley Wireless Research Center, Broadcom, Cisco Systems, Conexant Systems, Cypress, Crimson Microsystems, ETRI, FUJIFILM Microdevices, Fujitsu Ltd., Hudson Soft, Hughes Network Systems, Ikanos Communications, LG Electronics, Marvell, NEC Laboratories America, NEC Corporation, NetEffect, Neterion, Nippon Telephone and Telegraph (NTT), NVIDIA, Olympus Optical Co. Ltd., Seiko Epson, Solid State Systems, Sony, STMicroelectronics, Stretch, TranSwitch Corporation, and Victor Company of Japan (JVC).