D&R Headline News (October 2012)
Headlines for Wednesday Oct. 31, 2012
ARM Launches Cortex-A50 Series, the World's Most Energy-Efficient 64-bit ProcessorsARM announced the new ARM® Cortex™-A50 processor series based upon the ARMv8 architecture, extending ARM’s leadership in performance and low power.
- Kilopass Non Volatile Memory XPM Intellectual Property Core Wins Accelerometer Sensor Design
- Elliptic Technologies Delivers Hardware-assisted Premium Content Protection on Mobile and Home Entertainment Devices
- Digital Core Design introduces the world's most powerful tiny 8-bit CPU
- Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Accelerates the Development of Trusted Systems at ARM TechCon 2012
- Latest Release of Synplify Software Cuts Days off FPGA Implementation Time
- ARM tips 64-bit 'big-little' processors, partners
- Silicon Image Announces Third Quarter 2012 Earnings
- Cadence Announces Tapeout of 14nm Test-chip with ARM Processor and IBM FinFET Process Technology
- MIPS Technologies Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results
- Cortus Releases the World's Smallest 32-bit Microcontroller IP Core
Headlines for Tuesday Oct. 30, 2012
AMD Changes Compute Landscape as the First to Bridge Both x86 and ARM Processors for the Data CenterIn a bold strategic move, AMD announced that it will design 64-bit ARM® technology-based processors in addition to its x86 processors for multiple markets, starting with cloud and data center servers. AMD’s first ARM technology-based processor will be a highly-integrated, 64-bit multicore System-on-a-Chip (SoC) optimized for the dense, energy-efficient servers that now dominate the largest data centers and power the modern computing experience.
- Quad patterning a possibility at 10nm, says TSMC
- Arteris FlexNoC Interconnect IP Licensed by Renesas Electronics Europe for Industrial Systems on Chip
- Forte Rolls Out Latest Version of High-Level Synthesis Software
- Two burning questions for ARM
- Cosmic Circuits wins TSMC AMS IP Partner of the Year Award
- Synopsys Extends Support for ARM AMBA Protocol Verification with New Performance Checker for AMBA 4 AXI4
- eSilicon Offers Specialty Memory Products on TSMC 28nm and 40nm Processes
- Xena by IPextreme to Power GSA Capital-Lite Resource Portal
- Analog Bits' Sensors Help Achieve Ultra-low Power For ARM-based Servers
- Jasper Releases Two Property Synthesis Apps Targeted at Early RTL Qualification and Coverage-Driven RTL Verification
Headlines for Monday Oct. 29, 2012
CEO Clemmer carving out NXP 2.0 strategyRick Clemmer, who took the reins as CEO of debt-ridden NXP Semiconductors nearly four years ago, expects to complete the Dutch chip maker's transition to NXP 2.0 by the end of 2013.
- Altera First to Benchmark Complex High-Performance Floating-Point Digital Signal Processing Designs on 28 nm FPGAs
- TSMC Recognizes Cadence with Two "Partner of the Year" Awards
- Communications and Auto to Out-Pace IC Market Growth Through 2016
- Xilinx Announces Defense-Grade 7 Series FPGAs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs with Fourth Generation Secure Capabilities
- Samplify's New APAX IP Core Shatters the Memory Wall for CPUs, GPUs, Application Processors, and SoCs
- Inomize Selected by CEVA as Approved Design Center
- ARM Cortex-A15 and Cortex-R4 Fast Processor Models Provided by Imperas and OVP
- SENSIO reports its financial results for first quarter 2012-2013
- ARM rides shotgun for AMD?
- Inside Secure Launches its First Secure Element
- CSR Unveils Advanced Bluetooth and Audio Solution for Automotive Infotainment - First to Integrate Three Essential System Needs
- HiSilicon Joins Linaro as Core Member
- Space Codesign Systems to Release Version 2.4
Headlines for Friday Oct. 26, 2012
ARM, Red Hat and AppliedMicro Aim to Develop Disruptive 64-bit Server PlatformARM, Red Hat, Inc. and AppliedMicro today announced a collaboration that aims to develop a disruptive 64-bit server design platform to dramatically lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) of cloud computing, data centers and enterprises.
- TSMC's Extremely Low Leakage Devices on 180nm eLL process empowers Dolphin Integration's IP offering
- Faraday Reported 2012 Third Quarter Results
- AnaCatum Launches New Family of Analog Converters
Headlines for Thursday Oct. 25, 2012
Cadence Verification IP Significantly Reduces Verification Turnaround Time for ARM AMBA 4 ProtocolsCadence today announced multiple successful verification projects using Cadence® Verification IP for ARM® AMBA® protocols, one of the industry’s most widely used verification solutions for the AMBA protocol family.
- Sanjay Srivastava, Former Denali CEO, Joins Proton Digital Systems as Executive Chairman
- Dell Extends ARM-based Server Ecosystem Enablement with Open Source Development for the Apache Community
- Sequans Introduces StreamliteLTE, a New Line of Chips for the Internet of Things
- CEVA Partners with Galileo Satellite Navigation to Offer Low Power, Software-based GNSS Solutions
- Altior Inc. announces availability of AltraSTAR - Hadoop Storage Accelerator and Optimizer, based on its Altraflex HW acceleration platform and CeDeFS Filter Layer software
- Huawei using ASICs for first time
- Cadence Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
- TSMC Reports Third Quarter EPS of NT$1.90
- Breker Verification Systems Adds Support for Multi-Processor SoCs
Headlines for Wednesday Oct. 24, 2012Latest News
- Mobiveil to Upgrade Its Serial RapidIO IP Core to RapidIO 10xN Specification
- Dolphin Integration: Stable Yearly Turnover on September 30, 2012 at 12.4 MEuros
- Altera Announces Third Quarter Results
- InterDigital Builds on Strategy, Announces Enhanced Technology Sourcing, Establishes Technology Solutions Unit
- Core demand driving ARM revenue
Headlines for Tuesday Oct. 23, 2012
Sonics Unveils Next-Generation SonicsGNSonics today unveiled the next generation of its SonicsGN™ (SGN) NoC – the latest product in the company’s broad portfolio of System IP that includes on-chip networks, memory and security subsystems, as well as SoC performance analysis tools.
- Duy-Loan Le Joins eSilicon Board
- Renesas Electronics Europe Unveils New Microprocessor Roadmap
- New Marmalade SDK 6.1 Supports the MIPS Architecture, Bringing High-Value Content to MIPS-Based Devices
- Xilinx Multiplies Productivity with Vivado Design Suite 2012.3
- CEVA, Rubidium Partner to Deliver Speech Processing Solutions based on the CEVA-TeakLite Family of DSPs
- KALRAY Completes 256-processor, 28nm SoC Design Using Mentor Graphics Design and Test Tools
- Renesas Electronics Announces the Development of Smart Analog - A Fully Configurable Analog Front-end Technology Enabling Smarter Sensors
- ARM Holdings Plc Reports Results For The Third Quarter And Nine Months Ended 30 September 2012
- PLDA Introduces QuickUDP - 10G UDP Hardware Stack IP for FPGA
Headlines for Monday Oct. 22, 2012
VLSI Plus announces an FPGA version of its 64-bit Second Generation MIPI CSI2 ReceiverVLSI Plus today announced the availability of the SVRPlus-CSI2-F a 64 bit serial video receiver, supporting MIPI® CSI2 and extensions to CSI2 with up to 8 data lanes and two clock lanes, and outputting 1, 2 or 4 pixels per clock.
- ARM and Vivante see GPU SoC market share increases
- UMC Qualifies Synopsys' IC Validator for 28-nm Physical Verification
- Lattice MachXO2 Control Development Kit Enables Complex System Control and Interface Prototyping
- Evatronix to Demonstrate the PANTA DP30 Display Processor Prototype at the ARM TechCon 2012
- Logic Bank offers Design Services based on Cortus 32-bit processor cores and firmware
- Digital Blocks Celebrates 15 Years of Offering 82xx Peripheral Replacements
- IntelliProp, Inc. announces availability of SATA RAID IP Core
Headlines for Friday Oct. 19, 2012
AMD eyes ARM IP and realignmentOn a conference call with analysts to discuss AMD's third quarter financial results the company's CEO Rory Read has outlined a change of business model that will see the company "building reusable IP blocks" to reduce development costs and improve speed of execution.
- UMC Qualifies Foundry's First True 12V eFlash Solution
- Lattice Semiconductor Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Headlines for Thursday Oct. 18, 2012
Xilinx Announces Q2 Fiscal 2013 ResultsXilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) today announced second quarter fiscal 2013 sales of $543.9 million, down 7% sequentially and down 2% from the second quarter of the prior fiscal year. Second quarter fiscal 2013 net income was $123.4 million, or $0.46 per diluted share.
- Rambus Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
- McNamara comes clean on Adapt IP
- Xilinx cutting spending after lackluster quarter
- Mobile DRAM Revenue Hits Record High in Q2
- Communications to Surpass Computers As Leading Application for ICs
- ST-Ericsson NovaThor ModAp Powers New Samsung GALAXY S III mini
- Mentor Graphics Questa Verification Platform Enables Broad Adoption of Formal Verification
Headlines for Wednesday Oct. 17, 2012
Moortec Semiconductor Announces its Embedded PVT Die-Sensing IP Range for Deep Submicron TechnologiesMoortec Semiconductor announces the Moortec Embedded Die Sensor (MEDS) range of IP targeting Process, Voltage and Temperature (PVT) sensing applications for 40-nanometer (nm) and 28-nm CMOS technologies.
- Synopsys Wins TSMC's 2012 "Interface IP Partner of the Year" Award
- RADX Technologies, Xilinx and Analog Devices Demonstrate Advanced, Programmable EdgeQAM Technology Solutions at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012
- SatixFy licenses CEVA-XC DSP for Broadband Satellite Applications
- Picus Tech Software announces availability of its Highly Optimized H264 Video Encoder Software for embedded platforms
- XMOS launches new tools and IP offering for embedded applications
- TSMC taps ARM's V8 on road to 16-nm FinFET
- Global Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Market worth $ 4.8 Billion by 2018
- Calxeda Lays Out a Vision for the Hyper-Efficient Datacenter
- Intrinsic-ID Launches Cloud Security Application Using "Electronic Fingerprint"
Headlines for Tuesday Oct. 16, 2012
Analog Bits Extends Industry Leadership to 20nmAnalog Bits today announced the successful completion of a tape-out in TSMC’s 20nm manufacturing process and the corresponding availability of a Mixed Signal Design Kit (MSDK) for this advanced node.
- Arteris is 4th Fastest Growing Private Company in Silicon Valley
- Sonics Licensees Shipments Surpass Two Billion Units
- Sidense Surpasses 100 Customers and Achieves Best Year Ever
- Xilinx Accelerates Automotive Driver Assistance Deployment at SAE Convergence 2012
- CEVA Reaches Major Shipment Milestone, Surpassing 4 Billion CEVA-powered Chips
- IntelliProp, Inc. Announces Availability of AHCI SATA Host Core AHCI 1.3 Compliant SATA Host Core in Production
- Imagination highlights how GPUs are driving silicon performance and SoC innovation
- IntegrIT's Wideband Acoustic Echo Canceller Now Available on Tensilica's HiFi Audio/Voice DSP
- Cosmic Circuits at the TSMC OIP Ecosystem Forum
Headlines for Monday Oct. 15, 2012
Does Amazon want TI's OMAP?Retail giant and tablet maker Amazon is reportedly showing interest in picking up Texas Instruments' mobile chip business, according to reports.
- Synopsys and TSMC Collaborate for 20nm Reference Flow
- TSMC Validates Cadence 3D-IC Technology for Its CoWoS Reference Flow
- Japan set to save Renesas
- Anchor Hill's Mobile Phase Recovering Equalizer is now available for Xilinx FPGAs
- Cosmic Circuits' is demonstrating its solutions for MIPI-based applications at the MIPI Alliance Demo Day in Miami
- AnaCatum Appoints Analog Semiconductor IP Veteran Didier Lacroix as CEO
- Antix Announces Collaboration with MIPS Technologies to Deploy High-Quality Integrated Services for On-the-Move and In-Home Gaming
- Algotochip Joins ARM Connected Community
- Atmel Showcases World's First Cortex-M4 Processor-Based Single-Chip Solution for PRIME Smart Metering Applications
Headlines for Friday Oct. 12, 2012
Cosmic Circuits and GDA Technologies announce availability of MIPI UniPro solutionCosmic Circuits and GDA Technologies today announced asuccessful partnership on the MIPI UniPro/M-PHY solution.
- TSMC Tapes Out Foundry's First CoWoS Test Vehicle Integrating with JEDEC Wide I/O Mobile DRAM Interface
- STMicroelectronics Comments on Today's Speculations
- Silterra Released 180nm Embedded Flash Technology for Mass Production
Headlines for Thursday Oct. 11, 2012
Is Cisco Intel's $1 billion foundry deal?The word on the street in Bratislava, Slovakia, is that Intel's foundry operation has started or will start to make chips for Cisco. What is more the deal could be worth as much as $1 billion.
- Synopsys and TSMC Deliver 3D-IC Design Support
- Kilopass' Next-Generation Gusto-2 Targets Instant-On Mobile Devices
- ARM Announces POP IP Technology for Mali-T600 Series GPUs
- Inicore Introduces VME Slave Module Silicon IP Core
- Tilera's TILE-Gx Processor Family Expands With a 9-Core Offering, Providing Unparalleled Integration and Performance at Under 10 Watts
Headlines for Wednesday Oct. 10, 2012
ARM Announces New High-Performance System IP to Address Demand for Energy-Efficient "Many-core" Solutions for the Enterprise MarketTo address the significant increase in data over the next 10-15 years, and the demand for more energy-efficient network infrastructure and servers, ARM has announced the ARM® CoreLink™ CCN-504 cache coherent network.
- Europe must not exit chip business, says SEMI
- Telecom Segments Forecast to Lead Top-Growing IC Markets in 2012
- Tensilica Licensees Ship Two Billion IP Cores; License Revenue Now Larger than Any Other DSP Licensing Company
- Express Logic's ThreadX RTOS Supports ARM and TI DSP Processors on Critical Link's MityDSP-L138F Board
- Freescale Expands QorIQ T Series with Four Pin-Compatible, 64-Bit Processors
Headlines for Tuesday Oct. 09, 2012
Calxeda Closes $55 Million Funding Round; New Investors Include Austin Ventures, Vulcan CapitalCalxeda today announced $55 million in additional funding, one of the largest semiconductor capital deals this year. Calxeda will use the funding to accelerate adoption and innovation in the emerging market for ultra-low power scalable computing.
- Ericsson and STMicroelectronics comment on speculations regarding ST-Ericsson
- TSMC 20nm and CoWoS Design Infrastructure Ready
- TSMC September 2012 Sales Report
- Moortec Semiconductor Sign Representative Agreement with ChipStart
- Cadence Introduces Innovative Verification Debugger, Offering Significant Productivity Improvements and Time Savings
- CEVA, NXP Software Partner to Deliver Enhanced HD Voice Processing Solution based on the CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP
- UMC Reports Sales for September 2012
- U.S. warns telcos not to buy gear from Chinese firms
- Hisense Picks Tensilica's HiFi Audio/Voice DSP and Software Codecs for DTVs
Headlines for Monday Oct. 08, 2012
Altera Introduces Industry's Highest-Bandwidth 28 nm Midrange FPGAAltera today announced it has expanded its 28 nm portfolio with the introduction of the Arria® V GZ variant, incorporating the company’s industry-leading transceiver technology and delivering an overall core performance boost of more than two speed grades, or 30 percent.
- Moore's Law threatened by lithography woes
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - September 2012
- Evatronix and M31 Tech Demonstrate its Complete USB 3.0 Solution in a Series of Live Events
- Globalfoundries' 14-nm is 'low-shrink' node
- Accent ASMgrid2 Reference Designs Ushers In Next Generation Smart Meter Capability
- RFEL stretches the Dynamic Range of ADCs to provide 'Best in Class' Product Performance
- Kilopass Files Its Appeal for Both Patent Infringement Case & Tort Case Against Sidense
Headlines for Friday Oct. 05, 2012
Achronix shifts gears, offers FPGA IP for SoCsFabless FPGA vendor Achronix Semiconductor Corp. has jumped into the SoC market by offering to license its FPGA technology to chip companies.
Headlines for Thursday Oct. 04, 2012
Synopsys Acquires EVESynopsys today completed the acquisition of EVE, a leading supplier of emulation platforms for SoC verification.
- Arasan Chip Systems, Granite River Labs and BitifEye Announce the Most Comprehensive Solution for Electrical Conformance Testing of the MIPI D-PHY Receiver
- Semiconductor Foundries Enjoyed Strong Q2, but Slowdown Looms
- 4G Intellectual Property Royalties Set to Quadruple over the Next Five Years
- Slideshow: Facebook remakes the server
- IDMs Rapidly Transitioning Logic Production to Foundries
Headlines for Wednesday Oct. 03, 2012
Cosmic Circuits announces availability of DigRFv4 solutionCosmic Circuits today announced the availability of its DigRFv4 solution. The DigRFv4 solution includes the DigRFv4 controller along with the MIPI M-PHY.
- InterDigital and ASOCS Team to Deliver WCDMA/GGE IP Core Solution
- Sidense Defeats Kilopass' Remaining Claims; Kilopass' Case is Over
- Barco Silex's JPEG 2000 high frame rate decoder powers USL's Integrated Media Block (IMB)
- ARM gets weapon in server battle vs. Intel
- Global Semiconductor Sales Remain Flat in August
- MegaChips Selects Tensilica's HiFi Audio/Voice DSP for Consumer Products Designs
- Elliptic Technologies, a Leader in Embedded Security Solutions for the Consumer Electronics and Home Entertainment Industries, Opens Representative Office In China
- DTS Expands Enhanced Audio Offerings Available on Tensilica HiFi Audio/Voice DSP Cores
- Sand 9 Partners with GLOBALFOUNDRIES as High-Volume Foundry for MEMS Timing Products
Headlines for Tuesday Oct. 02, 2012
WiLAN Initiates LTE-Related Patent Infringement LitigationsWiLAN today announced it has initiated two separate litigations claiming patent infringement in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida against Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc. and against Ericsson, Inc., among other parties.
- EDA Consortium Reports Revenue Increase for Q2, 2012
- Open-Silicon Uses Synopsys IC Compiler to Achieve 1.3GHz Frequency on Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore Processor
Headlines for Monday Oct. 01, 2012
Memoir Systems' renaissance 4x delivers significant Memory performance and density AdvantagesMemoir Systems today announced the availability of the second offering of its revolutionary commercial products: Renaissance™4X. Renaissance 4X increases the memory performance of existing embedded memory macros by delivering up to a 4X increase in memory operations per second (MOPS).
- Mentor Graphics and Teledyne LeCroy Collaborate to Deliver New Emulation Verification Platform for SuperSpeed USB Applications
- Gartner Says Worldwide Wafer Fab Equipment Spending to Decline 13.3 Percent in 2012
- Silicon Image Technologies Featured in Sharp's New Line of WirelessHD Adapters for Home Theater Applications
- Silicon Image Announces New Video Processors for Next-Generation Home Theater Applications
- Broadcom Delivers World's First 28nm Multicore Communications Processor Series
- WiLAN Acquires Patent Portfolio from Alvarion
- Research Project for Energy-efficient Risk Management has Started
- Will China bury its bad IP past?