D&R Headline News (February 2022)
Headlines for Monday Feb. 28, 2022
U.S. Chops Russia's Access to Integrated CircuitsThe U.S. government is tightening controls on the semiconductor supply chain to restrict Russian access to chip technology used in military equipment, in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Taking a RISC: Expanding Chip Options
- Imperas announces RISC-V Physical Memory Protection (PMP) Architectural Validation test suite for high quality security applications
- CEVA Extends Wi-Fi Portfolio with Wi-Fi 6/6E IP for the Access Point Market
- PCI Express VIP from Avery Design Systems Selected by Fungible for Ensuring Compliance, Connectivity in Hyperscale Data Centers
- ZeroPoint Technologies signs Memory Booster contract
- OIF Members Demonstrate How Interoperability Accelerates Solutions for Today's and Future Global Networks at OFC 2022
- Breker Verification Systems Unleashes the SystemUVM Initiative to Empower UVM Engineering
- USB 3.1 Device & Host Controller IP Cores with highly configurable design for Superspeed data transfers in all kinds of advanced SoCs is available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Friday Feb. 25, 2022
The age of end-to-end 5G networks built on Arm is nowIn order to deliver the advantages of the Arm architecture to the 5G network market more quickly, we announced the Arm 5G Solutions Lab, supported by 18 key partners across the 5G ecosystem. In just four months, we’ve seen a more than 5-fold increase in companies signed up to participate.
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 24, 2022
Codasip's latest RISC-V embedded cores enable AI/ML edge customizationCodasip today announced the L31 and L11, the latest in its range of low power embedded RISC-V processor cores optimized for customization.
- UMC announces new 22nm wafer fab in Singapore
- Cadence Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Results
- Microprocessor Growth Will Slow in 2022 after Cellphone MPU Surge
- Renesas Develops Bluetooth Low Energy RF Transceiver Technologies that Simplify Board Design, Reduce Circuit Size and Increase Power Efficiency
- CEVA Streamlines 5G New Radio Modem Design with PentaG2, the Industry's Most Comprehensive 5G Baseband Platform IP for Mobile Broadband and IoT
- Secure-IC Launches a Unique Cybersecurity Lifecycle Management Platform for Connected Objects
- Weebit delivers significant technical and commercial progress in H1 FY22
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 22, 2022
Intel open to joining consortium to buy ArmGelsinger said that before Nvidia made its bid for Arm there had been industry talk about forming a consortium to buy Arm from Softbank.
- Cadence and Dassault Systemes Partner to Transform Electronic Systems Development
- LeapMind announces license agreement for AI accelerator "Efficiera" with Maxell Frontier
- Faraday Reports 2021 Revenue at NT$8,085 Million, the Second-Best Record
- Imec, KU Leuven and PragmatIC Semiconductor demonstrate fastest 8-bit flexible microprocessor for low-power applications
Headlines for Monday Feb. 21, 2022
We are now AS 9100D certified! - Logic Fruit TechnologiesIt brings us tremendous pleasure to share this exciting news that Logic fruit has been certified for the standard AS 9100D. The certification has been earned after a rigorous audit done on the quality management systems set up in the company and the implementation met the requirements of AS 9104/1. Logic Fruit Technologies is a leading provider of product engineering and consulting services for Embedded System and Application Development.
- China's share of global wafer capacity continues to climb
- Intel Will Rely on TSMC for its Rebound
- CHIPS Alliance Forms F4PGA Workgroup to Accelerate Adoption of Open Source FPGA Tooling
- Rapid Silicon Chooses Verific's Industry-Standard Parser Platform
- MIPI D-PHY Tx IP Core in 22nm along with MIPI DSI-2 Tx Controller IP Core for your High-End Camera and Display needs is available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Friday Feb. 18, 2022
Arm introduces new automotive image signal processor to advance adoption of driver assistance and automation technologiesTo enable new capabilities in ADAS and autonomous driving, the industry will need a new approach to image processing, and to address this, we have added the Mali-C78AE ISP to our portfolio of IP specifically developed to meet the performance and safety needs of automotive applications.
- With Tower acquisition, Intel will take over industry's ninth largest foundry
- Fujikura and IntoPIX Jointly Exhibit at MWC Barcelona 2022
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 17, 2022
Orca Systems Announces World's First Fully Integrated SoC Solution for Direct-to-Satellite IoT ConnectivityOrca Systems, a fabless semiconductor company delivering groundbreaking digital RF technology, today announced its first wireless system-on-chip (SoC) solution for the satellite Internet of Things (IoT).
- Synopsys Posts Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal Year 2022
- DCD-SEMI introduces secure & comprehensive CAN-ALL solutions for automotive
- SEMIFIVE Raises $109 Million in Series B Funding
- Berkeley Lab Unveils ASIC Chip Failure Bypass System
- Faraday Succeeds in Factory Automation ASIC
- Veriest expands to Physical Design and opens UK design center
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 16, 2022
From the Beginning, Arm IPO Was Plan AAfter SoftBank’s deal to sell Arm to Nvidia collapsed last week, the Japanese conglomerate was seemingly forced to resort to Plan B: relisting Arm as a public company. According to SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, however, an IPO was its Plan A all along.
- Tektronix Delivers Industry-First PCI-Express 6.0 Test Solution
- Qorvo Selects Cadence Design Systems for US Government SHIP-RF Program
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 15, 2022
Intel to Acquire Tower Semiconductor for $5.4 BillionIntel Corporation (Nasdaq: INTC) and Tower Semiconductor (Nasdaq: TSEM), a leading foundry for analog semiconductor solutions, today announced a definitive agreement under which Intel will acquire Tower for $53 per share in cash, representing a total enterprise value of approximately $5.4 billion.
- CEVA, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Intrinsic ID Partners with Jupiter Semi to Expand its Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) Security IP into China
- Andes Technology Is the First RISC-V Vendor to Accomplish ISO 26262 Functional Safety ASIL D Development Process Certification with SGS-TÜV Saar
- Silicon Catalyst welcomes Imagination Technologies as an In-Kind Partner
Headlines for Monday Feb. 14, 2022
AMD Completes Acquisition of XilinxAMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the completion of its acquisition of Xilinx in an all-stock transaction. The acquisition, originally announced on October 27, 2020, creates the industry’s high-performance and adaptive computing leader with significantly expanded scale and the strongest portfolio of leadership computing, graphics and adaptive SoC products.
- Global Semiconductor Sales, Units Shipped Reach All-Time Highs in 2021 as Industry Ramps Up Production Amid Shortage
- Space Codesign Systems obtains ESA/NAVISP funding to support the design of a new generation of spaceborne GNSS receiver
- A Big Week for RISC-V
- SMIC Outpaces Rivals on Strong Local Demand
- AlphaICs Begins Global Sampling of "Gluon - Deep Learning Co-Processor"
- GbE (10/100/1000Base-T) PHY IP is available for immediate licensing for Superfast and Low Power Ethernet interface
Headlines for Friday Feb. 11, 2022
AMD Receives All Necessary Approvals for Proposed Acquisition of XilinxAMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that it has received approval from all necessary authorities to proceed with the acquisition of Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX).
- Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments and Revenue Set New Records in 2021, SEMI Reports
- UMC Reports Sales for January 2022
- Semiconductor Sales To Rise at 7.1% CAGR Through 2026
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 10, 2022
OPENEDGES LPDDR54 PHY IP Licensed by NovachipsOPENEDGES is pleased to announce that Novachips, an innovator in flash storage processors and storage modules, has licensed the silicon-proven LPDDR5/4x/4 ORBIT™ PHY IP (LPDDR54 OPHY™) developed by The Six Semiconductor (TSS) in 12nm process technology.
- Microsoft joins Linaro, Arm and Qualcomm Technologies to advance Windows on Arm
- SMIC Reports 2021 Fourth Quarter Results
- CXL Consortium Signs Agreement with Gen-Z Consortium to Accept Transfer of Gen-Z Specifications and Assets
- GlobalFoundries Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Results
- Rambus Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Results
- TSMC January 2022 Revenue Report
- Intel Invests in Foundry Ecosystem, Embraces RISC-V
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 09, 2022
Nvidia Abandons Arm Deal, Segars Steps Aside for IPOCiting “significant regulatory challenges,” Nvidia announced this week it is abandoning the Arm acquisition unveiled to much fanfare in September 2020. In response, Arm named Rene Haas as its new CEO, replacing Simon Segars as the chip IP vendor prepares for an initial public offering.
- Synopsys Introduces Code Sight Standard Edition to Enable Secure Software Development
- Sondrel's IP platforms prevent operational chip errors as Functional Safety is built in
- videantis focuses on growth by hiring Chief Financial Officer
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 08, 2022
NVIDIA and SoftBank Group Announce Termination of NVIDIA's Acquisition of Arm LimitedVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) and SoftBank Group Corp. (“SBG” or “SoftBank”) today announced the termination of the previously announced transaction whereby NVIDIA would acquire Arm Limited (“Arm”) from SBG.
- Major Update to MIPI CSI-2 Camera Specification Enables Next Generation of Always On, Low Power, Machine Vision Applications
- Flex Logix Expands Management Team To Meet Growing Demand For Its AI Inference and eFPGA Solutions
- Ventana Micro Systems Inc. Announces Strategic Partnership With Intel for Broader Commercialization of Its High-Performance RISC-V Cores and Chiplets
- Arm appoints Rene Haas as Chief Executive Officer
- Silicon Creations Joins Intel Foundry Services Accelerator - IP Alliance Program Aiming to Reducing Design Barriers, Accelerating Time-to-Market
- Andes Technology Corp. and Intel Foundry Services Bring RISC-V Solutions to Build an Open Ecosystem
- Vidatronic Partners with Intel Foundry Services as an IP Alliance Member
- Intel Foundry Services Launches Ecosystem Alliance to Accelerate Customer Innovation
- Intel Launches $1 Billion Fund to Build a Foundry Innovation Ecosystem
- sureCore announces technology for in-memory computing
- Intel and Alphawave Announce Partnership for Intel Foundry Services
Headlines for Monday Feb. 07, 2022
SiFive Partners with Intel to Spark Innovation in High-Performance RISC-V PlatformsSiFive, Inc., the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, today announced the company will support Intel Foundry Services (IFS) innovation fund’s goal to build innovative new RISC-V computing platforms optimized for Intel process technology.
- Analog Bits Partners with Intel Foundry Services as IP Alliance Partner
- Andes Technology Corp. Announces Joining the Intel Foundry Service Accelerator - IP Alliance Program
- Intel Corporation Makes Deep Investment in RISC-V Community to Accelerate Innovation in Open Computing
- eMemory Partners with Intel Foundry Services to Boost Security in Leading-Edge Chips
- Synopsys Joins New Intel Foundry Services Ecosystem Alliance to Propel Development of Next-Generation Semiconductor Designs
- Cadence Joins Intel Foundry Services Ecosystem Alliance to Advance Chip Design Innovation
- PUFsecurity and eMemory Launch Next-Gen PUF-based Hardware Root of Trust IP for Future Computing
- Looking Back on 2021: Strong Growth Momentum of RISC-V Market
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - January 2022
- US Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit Confirms Finding that Apple Infringes WiLAN Patents
- Siemens joins Intel Foundry Services' EDA Alliance program
- USB 3.0/ PCIe 3.0/ SATA 3.0 Combo PHY IP in 12nm, 16nm and 22nm process nodes with simple integration and flexible customization is ready for immediate licencing for your advanced SoC design
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 03, 2022
Rain Neuromorphics Raises $25M Series A to Transform AI Hardware LandscapeRain Neuromorphics, the neurocomputing platform for artificial intelligence, including the world’s first Neuromorphic Processing Unit (NPU)TM, today announced it has raised a $25 million Series A, led by Prosperity 7 Ventures, joined by existing investors Buckley Ventures, Gaingels, Loup Ventures, Metaplanet and Pioneer Fund, among others.
- How to Interpret Chip Supply Chain Data
- Synaptics Launches Industry's First Matter-Compliant Triple Combo SoC with Integrated Wi-Fi 6/6E, Bluetooth 5.2, and 802.15.4/Thread for Seamless IoT Connectivity
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 02, 2022
eTopus Announces Collaborative IP Platform for Rapid and Economical Deployment of ChipletseTopus Technology today announced in partnership with QuickLogic and OpenFive, a platform of base IP that can be easily integrated by chiplet developers with minimal risk and reduced development costs.
- France: EIB lends €7.5 million to Menta to speed up its development
- NSCore, Inc. Introduces its Automotive Grade-1 Qualified Non-Volatile Memory solution to help address the increasing need for Low Cost Semiconductor Chips
- eDisplay Port / Display Port v1.4 Tx PHY and Controller IP in 40ULP and 12FFC process nodes for lagless and pure UHD Displays is available for immediate licensing
- BrainChip Awarded US Patent for Accessing Learned Functions in an Intelligent Target Device
- DSP Concepts Secures $28M in Series C Funding to Fuel Rapid Growth
- Codasip appoints Functional Safety VP
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 01, 2022
Mixel MIPI C-PHY/D-PHY Combo IC Integrated in isMedia Frame Grabber Family of Products for Sensor ApplicationsMixel®, a longtime leading provider of mixed-signal intellectual property (IP), announced today that its MIPI C-PHYSM/D-PHYSM IC has been successfully integrated in the isMedia UCI72S frame grabber product, which is now available in volume quantities.