D&R Headline News (April 2022)
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 28, 2022
Intel's foundry foray and its influence on the EDA, IP industriesIntel continues to bolster its foundry business while making a concerted effort to get the company back on track in offering leading-edge silicon processes to fabless customers. Like IC design, the EDA and IP industries are an intrinsic part of the IC manufacturing ecosystem; and fabs spearhead it. That begs a fundamental question: How will Intel’s fab business influence these two significant semiconductor industry segments?
- (R)evolution in I3C?
- Synopsys to Acquire WhiteHat Security from NTT
- Arasan Announces its eMMC 5.1 Total IP Solution for 5nm SoC Designs
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 27, 2022
Top 10 Companies Hold 57% of Global Semi MarketshareIn 2021, the top 50 semiconductor suppliers, not including the pure-play foundries, represented 89% of the total $614.6 billion worldwide semiconductor market, up eight points from the 81% share the top 50 companies held in 2010.
- Global sectoral demand encourages Agile Analog to locate in Scotland
- India launches Digital India RISC-V (DIR-V) program for next generation Microprocessors to achieve commercial silicon & Design wins by December'2023
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 26, 2022
Mixel Silicon-Proven MIPI IP Integrated Into ams OSRAM Mira Image Sensor Family Products Enabling Rapid Development of New SystemsMixel®, a leading provider of mixed-signal intellectual property (IP), today announced that ams OSRAM, a global leader in optical solutions, is integrating Mixel’s MIPI® IP into select ams OSRAM Mira family products.
- Arm expands Total Solutions for IoT portfolio to continue delivering transformative innovation to ecosystem
- Cadence Reports First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- ZAYA and Andes Technology Offer Certifiable TEE Security for RISC-V Based Systems
Headlines for Monday Apr. 25, 2022
Imagination and Ambarella partner on autonomous vehicle human-machine interface visualisations with ASIL functional safetyImagination Technologies has entered into a comprehensive licensing agreement with Ambarella, enabling access to various IMG B-Series multi-core GPUs, including the ASIL-B certifiable IMG BXS GPUs for safety-critical applications.
- MosChip Announces Appointment of Rajeev Krishnamoorthy to its Board of Directors
- Edgecortix Announces Sakura AI Co-processor Delivering Industry Leading Low-Latency and Energy-Efficiency
- Localization of Chip Manufacturing Rising. Taiwan to Control 48% of Global Foundry Capacity in 2022, Says TrendForce
- Alibaba Cloud Announced Progress in Porting Android Functions onto RISC-V
- Indian startup Calligo leverages POSIT with RISC-V for high-performance computing
- Menta will attend ChipEx2022 to present Soft IP to the Israeli market for the first time
- Wafer Capacity Forecast to Climb 8.7% As 10 New Fabs Enter Production
- 16G Multiprotocol Serdes IP Core with different Interface protocols for your High-Speed interconnect requirements in 28HPC+ process technology is available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 21, 2022
Xylon reveals new lossless MJPEG Encoder and Decoder IP CoresXylon has just revealed two new IP products for lossless and on-the-fly MJPEG video compression and decompression. New logiJPGE-LS and logiJPGD-LS IP cores from the logicBRICKS by Xylon IP library are very compact, ISO/IEC 10918-1 JPEG Annex H-compliant and optimized for AMD-Xilinx programmable devices.
- CoreHW Announces 5A DCDC IP Availability with Unique Advantages
- BittWare Announces Partner Program to De-Risk Innovation and Reduce Time-to-Market for FPGA-Based Solutions
- Esperanto Technologies' Massively Parallel RISC-V AI Inferencing Solution Now in Initial Evaluations
- Codasip appoints Jaime Broome as its Automotive VP
- Fraunhofer IIS introduces its JPEG XS ultra-low-latency software implementation at NAB 2022
- Dayang D3-Edit 5 integrates intoPIX JPEG XS technology for ultimate performances
- Mobile Semiconductor's 22FDX Register File Memory Compiler Receives Globalfoundries Platinum Status
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 20, 2022
Rapid Silicon Licenses AndesCore D45 with DSP/SIMD extensions and Andes Custom Extension FrameworkAndes Technology today announced Rapid Silicon, a provider of AI-enabled application-specific FPGAs based on open-source technology has taken a license for the AndesCore™ D45 with DSP/SIMD extensions as well as the Andes Custom Extension™ (ACE) framework.
- Prevas acquiring BitSim NOW AB
- BrainChip and NVISO Partner on Human Behavioral Analytics in Automotive and Edge AI Devices
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 19, 2022
Synopsys Introduces Industry's Highest Performance Neural Processor IPAddressing increasing performance requirements for artificial intelligence (AI) systems on chip (SoCs), Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced its new neural processing unit (NPU) IP and toolchain that delivers the industry's highest performance and support for the latest, most complex neural network models.
- Flex Logix Appoints Chris Passier as Vice President, Platform Software and Vancouver, Canada Site Executive
- OPENEDGES Prepares for Initial Public Offering
- JESD204B Tx & Rx SerDes IP Core (12.5Gbps & 16Gbps) in 28HPC+ and 40LL process technologies for High-Speed Serial Interface with Matching Controller IP Core is available for immediate licensing
- Agnisys Announces ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 Qualification for Entire IDesignSpec Suite - SoC Specification Automation Flow
- Hon Hai acquires arQana's Wireless Telecommunications Business
Headlines for Monday Apr. 18, 2022
MOSCHIP Announces High Speed Serial Trace Probe (HSSTP) PHY With Link Layer in 6nmMosChip Technologies, a semiconductor and system design services company, unveils today enhanced simplex High Speed Serial Trace Probe (HSSTP) PHY macro with link layer supporting data transfer capabilities of up-to 12.5Gbps per lane in 6nm FinFET technology.
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 14, 2022
Automotive Functional Safety with DCD's CAN ALL IP CoreDCD’s CAN IP Core’s been developed as ISO26262-10 Safety Element out of Context. - It can optionally be improved by necessary safety mechanisms and provide detailed safety documentation – says Jacek Hanke, DCD’s CEO - all ISO26262 soft IP SEooC required work products, include complete Failure Modes Effects and Detection Analysis FMEDA analysis with step-by-step instruction to help to integrate the IP into the target system and to conduct the system-level safety analysis.
- How Investments in Manufacturing will Benefit the Semiconductor Ecosystem
- Gartner Says Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Grew 26% in 2021
- TSMC Reports First Quarter EPS of NT$7.82
- Mirabilis Design announces Meraki Tech-Sol as their official sales & marketing partner in India for the VisualSim product-line
- Total IC Unit Shipments Forecast to Climb 9% This Year
- SEGGER and Renesas deliver Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) for RA MCUs
- QuickLogic Adds GlobalFoundries 22FDX Process to its Growing List of Australis IP Generator-Based eFPGA IP
- Siemens' new mPower Digital solution now certified for GlobalFoundries' platforms
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 13, 2022
POLYN Technology Delivers NASP Test Chip for Tiny AIPOLYN Technology announced today that its first Neuromorphic Analog Signal Processor (NASP) chip is packaged and evaluated, demonstrating proof of the technology’s brain-mimicking architecture. It is the first Tiny AI true analog design to be used next to sensors.
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 12, 2022
Orthogone Technologies joins forces with Desjardins Capital to support its international growth planOrthogone Technologies, a Canadian leader in the development of highly specialized engineering solutions requiring an in-depth knowledge of software development, embedded systems, and FPGAs, is proud to have Desjardins Capital as a strategic partner and minority shareholder of the company.
- New Cadence High-Speed Ethernet Controller IP Family Enables Silicon-Proven Ethernet Subsystem Solutions up to 800Gbps
- Andes Enters RISC-V CPU IP Market in India with Partner Excelmax
Headlines for Monday Apr. 11, 2022
CFX announces commercial availability of anti-fuse OTP technology on 28HV processCFX, the One-Stop Shop for nonvolatile memory technology and products announced today commercial availability of anti-fuse OTP technology on 28nm HV process.
- 200mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity Set to Surge 21% to Mitigate Supply-Demand Imbalance, SEMI Reports
- Top Five Leaders Continue Expanding Share of Global IC Fab Capacity
- TSMC March 2022 Revenue Report
- Taipei Puts Case for Being Close to Core of Semiconductor Ecosystem
- Chiplets Get a Formal Standard with UCIe 1.0
- MIPI CSI-2 Tx and Rx Controller IP Cores for Highly modular and configurable Camera Interfaces is available for immediate licensing
- Cadence Spectre FX FastSPICE Simulator Is Adopted by SK Hynix to Accelerate DRAM Design
Headlines for Friday Apr. 08, 2022
MACsec solution for 5G transport network security is availableComcores ApS, a key supplier of Intellectual Property (IP) Cores and a first mover in 5G wireless and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) solutions, today announced the availability of the MACsec (Media Access Control Security) Solution.
- The Art of Predictability : How Axiomise is Making Formal Verification Mainstream
- Leading Semiconductor Players to Advance Next Generation FD-SOI Roadmap for Automotive, IoT and Mobile Applications
- UMC Reports Sales for March 2022
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 07, 2022
RISC-V startup recruits former Agile Analog CEO RamsdaleHigh-performance RISC-V processor startup Rivos Inc. has hired Tim Ramsdale, formerly CEO of analog IP licesor Agile Analog Ltd., as the manager of its UK subsidiary.
- SmartDV Expands Executive Team With McKenzie Ross as Vice President of Marketing
- Claudia Fan Munce Joins Arteris IP Board of Directors
- Weebit Nano demo chips integrating its embedded ReRAM module successfully complete functional testing phase
- Synopsys and Juniper Networks Invest in New Company to Pursue Fast-Growing Silicon Photonics Market
- Intel, Micron, and Analog Devices Join MITRE Engenuity's Semiconductor Alliance to Define Principles for Joint Research and Collaboration for a More Resilient U.S. Semiconductor Industry
- Andes Releases AndeSight IDE v5.1 to Simplify Software Development for RISC-V Heterogeneous Multiprocessor and AI
- Sondrel warns that packaging lead time have dramatically increased from 8 to more than 50 weeks
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 06, 2022
Hirose and eTopus Technology Develop Combined PCIe Gen6 64Gbps PAM4 Interconnect Solution for AI Training ApplicationsHirose Electric Co., Ltd., a global leader in connector technology, its design, and manufacturing, and eTopus Technology, a pioneer of ultra-high-speed ADC/DSP-based SerDes for wireline applications including data center, cloud, edge, and 5G base stations, today announced the development of a 64Gbps PCIe Gen6 interconnect technology built on their products.
- Codasip appoints Japan EDA veteran
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 32.4% Year-to-Year, 3.4% Month-to-Month in February
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - March 2022
- Trilinear Technologies Announces the sixth generation of DisplayPort Link Controller Cores
- Silicon Creations' Engineering Team Completes Training for Automotive Quality Certification
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 05, 2022
Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect and Resilience Package Licensed in Neural Network Accelerator Chip Project Led by BMW GroupArteris IP today announced that BMW Group has licensed FlexNoC interconnect IP and the accompanying FlexNoC Resilience Package IP for use in a chip partially funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as part of the ZUSE-KI-mobil publicly funded project. T
- Chinese Companies Hold Only 4% of Global IC Marketshare
- Flex Logix Leads eFPGA Market with more than 17 Licensed Customers
- Eurosmart publishes PP-0117 Secure Sub-System SoC Protection Profile: Tiempo Secure IP products are ready
- New Arm-based cloud services from Microsoft highlight the power of choice in computing
- BrainChip and SiFive Partner to Deploy AI/ML Technology at the Edge
- MIPI UFS Controller, MIPI Unipro Controller and MIPI M-PHY IP Cores available in different Fabs and Nodes for all High-density Flash Storage applications in advanced SoCs
Headlines for Monday Apr. 04, 2022
VeriSilicon Joins the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express Industry ConsortiumVeriSilicon is one of the first enterprises in mainland China to join the organizationand will work with other members on research and adoption of the UCIe 1.0 Specification and the nextgeneration of UCIe technology.VeriSilicon’s participation will support development of its chiplet-based technology and associated products.
- Electronic System Design Industry Logs 14.4% Year-Over-Year Revenue Growth in Q4 2021, ESD Alliance Reports
- SMIC Announces 2021 Annual Results
- Hynix mulling a bid for Arm