D&R Headline News (May 2022)
Headlines for Tuesday May. 31, 2022
PNG Image Decoder IP Core Available from CAST and IObundleSemiconductor intellectual property providers CAST and IObundle today announced the availability of a hardware IP core for the decompression of images losslessly compressed using the popular Portable Network Graphics (PNG) file format.
- Imagination launches Open Access program, providing scale-ups with a low-cost path to differentiated silicon
- Faraday Launches Soteria! Security IP Subsystem for IoT ASIC
- Barry Paterson is the new Agile Analog CEO
Headlines for Monday May. 30, 2022
ARM battles RISC-V at RenesasRenesas Electronics is looking to catch up in the ARM microcontroller and processor markets, but also looking at the emerging RISC-V cores and new spiking AI accelerators to boost machine learning in the Internet of Things (IoT). At the same time a deal with Arduino aims to drive its chips…
- Will Broadcom milk VMware dry or become a full stack company?
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and SiPearl Partner to Develop HPC Solutions with European Processors and Accelerate Europe's Adoption of Exascale Supercomputers
- SiPearl Collaborates with NVIDIA on Enabling Accelerated Computing Solutions with European Microprocessor
- GBT Filed a Continuation Patent Application for its Long-Range Radio System
- Elevate your Video and Display applications with the Multi-Stream Transport of DisplayPort/eDisplayPort v1.4 Rx PHY IP Cores in 22nm, 28nm and 40nm with Matching Controllers
Headlines for Friday May. 27, 2022
Broadcom to Acquire VMware for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and StockBroadcom and VMware today announced an agreement under which Broadcom will acquire all of the outstanding shares of VMware in a cash-and-stock transaction that values VMware at approximately $61 billion, based on the closing price of Broadcom common stock on May 25, 2022.
Headlines for Thursday May. 26, 2022
New Crypto Quantique device management service streamlines IoT security lifecycle with key integration of the Microchip Trust Platform Design SuiteCrypto Quantique, a specialist in quantum-driven cyber security for the internet of things (IoT), announces it has integrated its QuarkLink onboarding and device management technology for IoT devices into the Microchip Trust Platform Suite tool.
Headlines for Wednesday May. 25, 2022
Siemens streamlines, secures embedded RISC-V development with latest Nucleus ReadyStart solutionSiemens Digital Industries Software announced today availability of its leading Nucleus™ ReadyStart™ solution for embedded development targeting the fast-growing adoption of the RISC-V architecture.
- London Stock Exchange welcomes EnSilica plc to AIM
- ADTechnology to launch its 5nm A53-based Platform, ADP500 based on Samsung Foundry
- LeapMind announces "Efficiera Anomaly Detection model"
- Synopsys Appoints Two New Directors
Headlines for Tuesday May. 24, 2022
Rambus Completes Acquisition of HardentRambus today announced the completion of the acquisition of Hardent, Inc. (“Hardent"), a leading SoC digital design company.
- NSITEXE Selects ImperasDV for Automotive Quality RISC-V Processor Functional Design Verification
- Top Three Suppliers Held 94% of 2021 DRAM Marketshare
- PUFsecurity's secure crypto coprocessor PUFcc wins COMPUTEX 2022 Best Choice Award
- Renesas Will Demonstrate the First Working Silicon Based on the Recently Debuted Arm Cortex-M85 Processor
- X-FAB Adopts Cadence EMX Solver's Electromagnetic Simulation Technology to Support Innovative RF Designs Targeted at Communication and Automotive Markets
Headlines for Monday May. 23, 2022
EnSilica to list on London Stock Exchange's AIM market, expected to begin trading from 24th MayEnSilica, the UK-headquartered specialist designer and supplier of mixed signal ASICs has announced it is set to be listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. Trading is expected to begin from the 24th May under the ticker ENSI.
- Synopsys and Analog Devices Collaborate to Accelerate Power System Design
- Foundry's 31% Growth in 2021 Outpaced Overall Chip Industry
- MediaTek Launches First mmWave Chipset for Seamless 5G Smartphone Connectivity
- Silicon Catalyst welcomes Flex Logix as an In-Kind Partner
- BrainChip Joins Arm AI Partner Program
- Wireless RF Transceiver IP Cores for IoT applications, available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Friday May. 20, 2022
QOI Image Compression IP Cores available from CAST and Ocean LogicSemiconductor intellectual property provider CAST today announced the availability of IP cores implementing hardware encoders and decoders for lossless image compression using the QOI (Quite Okay Image) format.
- ReRAM Proves Resistant To Invasive Attacks
- Imagination Joins Baidu PaddlePaddle "Hardware Ecosystem Co-Creation Program"
- Arasan announces its 2'nd Generation of CAN IP
- Fujikura collaborates with GlobalFoundries to accelerate large-scale commercialization of 5G mmWave Technologies
- GlobalFoundries Advances RF Leadership with GF Connex™ Portfolio and Customer Collaborations
- GlobalFoundries Unveils GF Labs to Accelerate Technology Innovation
- VeriSilicon's Chip Design Process Obtains ISO 26262 Automotive Functional Safety Management System Certification
- Cortus joins the Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI)
Headlines for Thursday May. 19, 2022
Xiphera's new IP cores complement the existing ECC portfolioiphera expands its Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) portfolio with two new IP cores: XIP4123C and XIP4133C (together referred as XIP41x3C). Both of these IP cores support Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key exchange and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) digital signatures.
- Synopsys Posts Financial Results for Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2022
- Intrinsic ID Taps Former Arm Executive to Lead Business Development Efforts as Need for Embedded Security Soars
- SMIC Revenue Soars as Chinese Market Sours
- China-Based IC Production to Represent 21.2% of China IC Market in 2026
- oneNav Announces Competitive pureL5 Field Test Performance Using its Latest Customer Evaluation System (CES)
- GlobalFoundries and Motorola Solutions Announce Strategic Agreement for Chip Supply
- Cadence Digital Full Flow Achieves Certification for GlobalFoundries 12LP/12LP+ Process Platforms
- How real is TSMC's bid for conversion to 1.4-nm process node?
Headlines for Wednesday May. 18, 2022
Arasan Announces its latest MIPI RFFE(SM) IP compliant to MIPI RFFE(SM) v3.0 VersionArasan Chip Systems, the leading provider of Total IPTM solutions for today's Systems on Chip (SoC) market announces the immediate availability of its silicon proven high performance and low power consumption MIPI RFFE 3.0SM Host IP and Device core IP for the mobile industry.
- Imagination and Visidon partner for deep-learning-based super resolution technology IMG Series4 NNA enables advanced AI-based software to efficiently upscale images and videos
Headlines for Tuesday May. 17, 2022
Andes Technology and Crypto Quantique in Global Partnership to Deliver the Ultimate RISC-V IoT Device SecurityAndes cooperates with Crypto Quantique’s quantum-driven semiconductor root-of-trust IP, quantum-driven semiconductor hardware IP (called QDID), and the company’s chip-to-cloud IoT device security management platform, QuarkLink, to bring our customers an industrial grade cyber-security solution.
- Flex Logix Partners With Roboflow to Enable Specialized AI Models For Computer Vision Applications
- Quadric and MegaChips Form Partnership to Bring IP Products to ASIC and SoC Market
- Siemens collaborates with GlobalFoundries to provide trusted silicon photonics verification
Headlines for Monday May. 16, 2022
Major milestones for Arm SystemReady in driving ecosystem standardsSystemReady provides a formal set of compute platform definitions to cover a range of systems from the cloud to IoT and edge, helping software 'just work' seamlessly across a vibrant, diverse ecosystem of Arm-based hardware.
- Algae-powered computing: scientists create reliable and renewable biological photovoltaic cell
- Quadric Appoints Former Arm Vice President Steve Roddy as Chief Marketing Officer and Accelerates the Licensing of Its GPNPU Architecture
- Xiphera joins BittWare Partner Program to enable fast security implementation
- Samsung raising foundry prices
- Roviero joins Arm AI Partner Program to future-proof AI-based IoT solutions
- sureCore appoints Shanghai LoMicro Information Technology Co. Ltd to boost presence in Chinese market
- Introducing the largest portfolio of Verification IP Cores for all types of Testbench verifications of different protocols and interfaces for your advanced Design IPs which are now available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Friday May. 13, 2022Latest News
Headlines for Thursday May. 12, 2022
QuickLogic Partners with Intrinsic ID to Provide eFPGA Security SolutionsQuickLogic Corporation today announced that it has partnered with Intrinsic ID, the world’s leading provider of Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) security IP, to provide security options for devices incorporating embedded FPGA (eFPGA) technology.
- TSMC hikes prices
- Arm delivers record revenues and record profits in FY21
- India Prepares to Build Nation's First Chip Fab
- Faraday Continues Expanding Its Ethernet Solutions for Networking Demands in ASIC
- 2023 IC market to fall 22%, says Penn
- ADTechnology Receives Samsung Foundry 2022 Best Engineering Award for Design Service Collaboration
- OPENEDGES To Exhibit its 4-/8-bit mixed-quantization NPU IP at Embedded Vision Summit 2022
Headlines for Wednesday May. 11, 2022
Silicon Creations and Achronix Semiconductor Partner to Drive More Performance, Flexibility into High-Speed TradingSilicon Creations, a leading supplier of high-performance analog and mixed-signal intellectual property (IP), has partnered with Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, a leader in high-performance FPGAs and embedded FPGA (eFPGA) IP, in order to push more performance and design flexibility into high-speed trading systems where each nanosecond counts.
- Arteris Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter 2022 and Estimated Second Quarter and Full Year 2022 Guidance
- Alphawave Launches US Presence with New Silicon Valley Office
Headlines for Tuesday May. 10, 2022
MIPS Pivots to RISC-V with Best-In-Class Performance and ScalabilityMIPS, a leading developer of highly scalable RISC processor IP, announces its entrance to the RISC-V market, previewing the first products in its eVocore™ product lineup. The new eVocore P8700 and I8500 multiprocessor IP cores are the first MIPS products based on the RISC-V open instruction set architecture (ISA) standard.
- Latest Attopsemi I-fuse OTP Memories Based on Ground-Breaking New Architecture Now Available on X-FAB's 180 nm Technology
- CEVA, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Creonic GmbH joins NewSpace Initiative
- Closing the Communication Chasms in the SoC design and manufacturing supply chain
- Exegy Acquires Enyx, Expands Global FPGA Leadership
- Codasip appoints SH Lee to deliver RISC-V innovations to Korean OEMs
- proteanTecs Secures $45 Million Investment from Addition
- TSMC Board of Directors Meeting Resolutions
Headlines for Monday May. 09, 2022
BrainChip & MosChip to Demonstrate Capabilities of Neural Processor IP & ASICs for Smart Edge Devices at IESA AI SummitBrainChip Holdings Ltd and MosChip Technologies are jointly presenting a session at the India Electronics & Semiconductor Association (IESA) AI Summit discussing how the companies are working collaboratively to enable neural network IP for edge applications.
- intoPIX to showcase its lightweight compression IP at Embedded Vision Summit 2022 on Lattice Booth
- intoPIX, Adeas, and Nextera to showcase Reference design on IPMX at ISE 2022 on Xilinx Booth
- Tower Semiconductor Expands its Leading-Edge Power Management Platforms Supporting Higher Power and Higher Voltage ICs
- OMNIVISION and Valens Semiconductor Partner to Offer Automotive OEMs a MIPI A-PHY-Compliant Camera Solution for Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems Applications
- USB 3.0 PHY IP Cores in 16FFC process technology with High-performance backplane interconnect licensed to a Chinese company for Multimedia SoC application
Headlines for Friday May. 06, 2022Latest News
Headlines for Thursday May. 05, 2022
Rambus to Acquire Hardent, Accelerating Roadmap for Next-Generation Data Center SolutionsRambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), a provider of industry-leading chips and silicon IP making data faster and safer, today announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Hardent, Inc. (“Hardent”), a leading electronic design company.
- Tachyum Integrates IP From World's Leading Vendors for Tape-Out In 2022
- Using Agile Analog's process-agnostic Analog IPs can help solve current Semiconductor capacity challenges
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - Apr 2022
- Steven Laub Joins Rambus Board of Directors
- CMC Delivers Over 400 Semiconductor Prototypes in Past Year
Headlines for Wednesday May. 04, 2022
Apple sues processor startup for theft of trade secretsApple has filed a law suit against high-performance RISC-V processor startup Rivos Inc. (Mountain View, Calif.) and two individuals alleging theft of trade secrets and breach of contract.
- European Processor Initiative will have ZeroPoint IP in their chip
- ARM China staff post open letter pledging loyalty to Allen Wu
- CoreHW Announces mmWave GF 22FDX PLL IP
- Safer "Listen Through" earbuds create headaches for developers due to increased processing demands
- Intento Design Appoints Stephane Cordova as New CEO
- intoPIX introduces the new TicoXS FIP for 4K & 8K AVoIP & WiFi-6 during ISE 2022
Headlines for Tuesday May. 03, 2022
Silex Insight's eSecure Root of Trust is now supporting ZAYA microcontainers for enhanced securitySilex Insight, a leading provider of cryptographic IP solutions, today entered into a partnership arrangement with leading IoT security company ZAYA, who delivers a secure OS containerisation technology for microcontrollers, called ZAYA μContainers.
- "Onshoring" chip production is a red herring: the UK should double down on its competitive advantage in R&D and IP to create a secure semiconductor supply chain
- Sondrel Deploys Arteris IP for Next-Generation Multi-Channel Automotive SoC
- Codasip adopts Siemens' OneSpin tools for formal verification
- U.S. Department of Defense and GlobalFoundries Partner to Secure Supply of Chips Critical to National Security Systems
- E4 Computer Engineering joins RISC-V International
Headlines for Monday May. 02, 2022
Arm China majority shareholders announce the company's corporate governance issue has been resolvedArm Ltd, HOPU Investment, and SoftBank Group, acting in their capacity as direct and indirect shareholders holding majority equity interest in Arm China, are announcing the company’s longstanding corporate governance issue has been resolved following a unanimous vote by the Arm China Board of Directors.
- India set for fab
- Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments Edge Higher to New Record in First Quarter 2022, SEMI Reports
- VESA Launches Industry's First Open Standard and Logo Program for PC Monitor and Laptop Display Variable Refresh Rate Performance for Gaming and Media Playback
- Faraday Reports First Quarter 2022 Results
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 23% in Q1 2022 Compared to Q1 2021
- Weebit Nano moves closer to productisation
- Alphawave IP: Full Year 2021 Results and Q1 2022 Trading Update
- How eFPGA IP suppliers are all set to raise the SoC design game
- VLAB Works enables Embedded Applications with VLAB VDMs
- Tackling the challenges of RISC-V
- Rubio, Colleagues Urge CFIUS Review of Alphawave Acquisition of U.S. Semiconductor IP Company
- GbE (10/100/1000Base-T) PHY IP Cores with matching 1G Ethernet MAC, PCS and TSN MAC Controller IP Cores for all your high-speed Ethernet Networking applications is available for immediate licensing