D&R Headline News (July 2022)
Headlines for Thursday Jul. 28, 2022
NSITEXE product brand "Akaria", expand portfolioAkaria provides processor IPs with optimal configurations for each customer domain and application, and also software and solutions that utilize the processor IPs. Akaria makes a wide range of contributions to the embedded systems.
- Arm announces appointment of Spencer Collins as Chief Legal Officer
- Faraday Reports Second Quarter 2022 Results
- Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments Set New Record in Q2 2022, SEMI Reports
- SkyWater Receives Funding from DOD, Partners with Google to Facilitate Open Source Design for its new 90 nm Technology Offering
- Faraday Unveiled FPGA-Go-ASIC Prototyping Platform to Accelerate FPGA-to-ASIC Conversion
Headlines for Wednesday Jul. 27, 2022
Gartner Forecasts Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Growth to Slow to 7% in 2022Global semiconductor revenue is projected to grow 7.4% in 2022, down from 2021 growth of 26.3%, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc. This is down from the previous quarter’s forecast of 13.6% growth in 2022.
- MIPI UniPro v2.0 Doubles Peak Data Rate and Delivers Greater Throughput and Reduced Latency for Flash Memory Storage Applications
- Xfuse, LLC Enters AI Vision Market with New Image Signal Processing (ISP) Technology
Headlines for Tuesday Jul. 26, 2022
DCD-SEMI adds extra features to LIN IP Core and GuardKnox license the solutionDCD-SEMI, a leading IP Core provider and SoC design house from Poland, mastered unique LIN IP Core with UART half-duplex enhanced functionality. The newest Core conforms to ISO17987-6:2016 protocol conformance test specification for Functional Safety.
- Samsung Foundry Achieves 2X Productivity on Large-Scale Analog and Mixed-Signal IP with the Spectre FX Simulator
Headlines for Monday Jul. 25, 2022
CAES' Quad Core LEON4FT Processor Selected for Next-Generation On-orbit Servicing SpacecraftCAES has announced that its radiation hardened microelectronics are on board SpaceLogistics’ Mission Robotic Vehicle (MRV) Spacecraft, and the Mission Extension POD (MEP), which will be deployed to assist in extending the life of aging satellites in space.
- SMIC shipping 7nm ICs
- eMMC Holds Its Own Against UFS
- Creonic Offers High-throughput Single-chip DVB-S2X Satellite Modem for Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC
- CFX announces commercial availability of anti-fuse OTP technology on 55nm CIS process
- Intel and MediaTek Form Foundry Partnership
- Silicon Labs Selects CoreHW Advanced Bluetooth AoA Switch for Dual Polarized Antenna Array Pro Kit
- 5G Sub-6GHz RF Transceiver IP Cores, available for immediate licensing to the customers for Cellular and Industrial IoT applications
- CIX Technology joins Linaro's Windows on Arm Group
- Cadence Expands into Molecular Simulation with Acquisition of OpenEye Scientific, a Pioneering Leader in Computational Molecular Design
Headlines for Thursday Jul. 21, 2022
Arm IPO on holdSoftbank has suspended work on a dual IPO listing for Arm in London and the US, reports the FT
- Americas' Chip Suppliers Continue to Dominate R&D Spending
- iWave unveils the implementation of ARINC 818-2 IP Core in next-generation Combat Aircraft, designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bangalore, India
- Big Fish Semiconductor's U2 5.2 Audio SoC enters mass production with Dolphin Design's Audio IPs
- Arm, Cruise and the driverless road ahead
- Alma Technologies Scales-up the Performance of the JPEG-LS Image Compression IP Core by Employing its Ultra High Throughput - UHT™ Architecture
- SkyWater Plans to Build Advanced $1.8B Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in Partnership with the State of Indiana and Purdue University
Headlines for Wednesday Jul. 20, 2022
Andes Technology RISC-V Processors Reveal Outstanding Performance and Efficiency in MLPerf TinyAndes Technology submits MLPerf Tiny v0.7 benchmark for Andes V5 RISC-V processors, including the AndesCore™ D25F and D45 (with DSP/SIMD Extension) and AndesCore™ NX27V (with Vector Extension).
- Alphawave IP: Q2 2022 Trading and Business Update
- GlobalFoundries Statement Following Senate Procedural Vote on Legislation To Bolster U.S. Competitiveness
- Renesas Completes Acquisition of Reality AI
- QuantWare selected to deliver Quantum Processing Units for Israel's first functional quantum computer
Headlines for Tuesday Jul. 19, 2022
Vidatronic Expands FinFET Portfolio with 7 nm to 4 nm FlexGUARD™ and Power Quencher® Intellectual Properties (IPs) Available for LicensingVidatronic is pleased to announce the latest additions to our flagship IP Series: additional Power Quencher® LDOs and FlexGUARD™ security voltage/power supply monitors and clock monitors designed in advanced FinFET processes from 7 nm down to 4 nm.
- Accelercomm Launches LEOphy for Low-Earth Orbit 5G Satellites
- Rambus Expands Portfolio of DDR5 Memory Interface Chips for Data Centers and PCs
- Flex Logix Partners With Intrinsic ID to Secure eFPGA Platform
- In-house software team provides Sondrel with a key advantage for its turnkey ASIC service of turning concept into silicon
- Imagination and Khronos celebrate graphics innovation and open API standards with joint event
Headlines for Monday Jul. 18, 2022
TSMC Trims Expansion Plans as Outlook DimsTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has pared back its plan to spend more than $40 billion this year for capacity expansion. The outlook for demand has worsened on expectations of an inventory reduction in the PC and consumer electronics segments.
- Agile Analog to move into iconic Radio House office block in Cambridge, UK to enable significant increase in engineering staff
- 10Gbps! The fastest LPDDR5/5X IP deliver production !
- Socionext Introduces ISO26262 Certified Smart Graphic Display Controllers
- Global Total Semiconductor Equipment Sales On Track to Record $118 Billion in 2022, SEMI Reports
- MIPI RFFE Master & Slave Controller IP Cores to control your complex RF-Front End Interfaces
Headlines for Friday Jul. 15, 2022Latest News
Headlines for Thursday Jul. 14, 2022
Alphawave IP Expands Canadian Presence with New Ottawa OfficeAlphawave IP (LSE: AWE), a global leader in high-speed connectivity for the world’s technology infrastructure, announced today the planned launch of its new office in Ottawa, Ontario - expanding its North American presence in the country’s key technology hub.
- Are Micron and the Taiwanese Semi Suppliers the Canaries in the Coal Mine?
- Arm Neoverse Adopted by Google Cloud
- TSMC Reports Second Quarter EPS of NT$9.14
- Tower Semiconductor and Cadence Expand Collaboration to Accelerate Automotive IC Development
Headlines for Wednesday Jul. 13, 2022
Kudelski IoT empowers hardware security for semiconductor manufacturers with new Secure IP portfolioKudelski IoT, a division of the Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S), the world leader in digital security and IoT solutions, today announced the launch of its Secure IP portfolio. Secure IP hardware enclaves give semiconductor manufacturers robust cryptographic capabilities when integrated into their system on chip (SoC) products.
- US Department of Defense Awards SkyWater a $27M Option to Facilitate American-Made Semiconductors Critical to National Security and Domestic Supply Chains
- Siemens' Calibre platform expands early design verification solutions
Headlines for Tuesday Jul. 12, 2022
Truechip Introduces Automation Products - NoC Verification and NoC Performance - for Revolutionizing the Verification SpectrumTruechip, the Verification IP Specialist, today announced at DAC 2022 that it has launched a new product series of Automation products viz. NoC Verification and NoC Performance which will revolutionize the current NoC verification methodology.
- Codasip expands design team to Greece
- RISC-V TEE "Penglai Enclave" officially entered StarFive chip platform
- Intrinsic ID Signs Representation Agreement for South Korea with Progate Technology to Further Extend Commercial Reach of its PUF-Based Security Solutions in the Asia Pacific Region
Headlines for Monday Jul. 11, 2022
STMicroelectronics and GlobalFoundries to advance FD-SOI ecosystem with new 300mm manufacturing facility in FranceSTMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, and GlobalFoundries Inc. (Nasdaq: GFS), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, today announced they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to create a new, jointly-operated 300mm semiconductor manufacturing facility adjacent to ST’s existing 300mm facility in Crolles, France.
- Electronic System Design Industry Logs 12.1% Year-Over-Year Revenue Growth in Q1 2022, ESD Alliance Reports
- Cadence to Acquire Future Facilities, A Pioneer in Data Center Digital Twins
- Synopsys Delivers Higher Productivity and Quality for Advanced-Node 5G/6G SoCs on Samsung Foundry's Low-Power Process
- Agile Analog announces RC Oscillator IP
- Creonic Introduces Microchip FPGAs as Supported Technologies
- Flex Logix Collaborating with Microsoft to Help Build Secure State-of-the-Art Chips for US Department of Defense (DoD)
- Agile Analog announces IR Drop Sensor IP
- Inuitive Partners With Arteris IP for the Next Generation of Vision Processing for Edge Devices
- Siemens' state-of-the-art Symphony Pro platform expands mixed signal IC verification capabilities
- Crypto Quantique announces first post-quantum computing IoT security platform compliant with new NIST standards
- Imperas announces the latest updates to RVVI and welcomes the adoption by many leading RISC-V processor developers
- Breker Verification Systems and Codasip Announce Cooperation to Drive Open, Commercial-Grade RISC-V SoC Verification Processes
- Experience DDR5/DDR4/LPDDR5 Combo PHY and matching Controller IP Cores seamless RAM interfacing speeds, with Silicon Proven 12FFC technology
Headlines for Friday Jul. 08, 2022
Nordic Semiconductor to acquire U.S. memory specialist Mobile SemiconductorNordic Semiconductor today announces that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Mobile Semiconductor, a privately-held U.S. company specializing in highly optimized embedded memory technology for microcontrollers (MCUs) and Systems-on-Chip (SoCs).
- TSMC June 2022 Revenue Report
- Cadence Introduces the Voltus-XFi Custom Power Integrity Solution, Delivering over 3X Productivity Gains
- Fabless Suppliers Hold Record 34.8% Share of Global IC Sales
- True Circuits Attends Design Automation Conference
Headlines for Thursday Jul. 07, 2022
Imperas Announces Partnership with Breker to Drive Rigorous Processor-to-System Level Verification for RISC-VImperas Software Ltd., the leader in RISC-V simulation solutions, today announced a partnership with Breker Verification Systems, a leading provider of advanced test content synthesis solutions for SoC, UVM and Post-Silicon verification environments.
- Innolink - The advanced Chiplet solution complies with the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe) standard
- Order Cancellations Strike, 8-inch Fab Capacity Utilization Rate Declines Most in 2H22, Says TrendForce
- Brite Semiconductor Introduces Two Innovative Technologies For DDR PHY
- QuiX Quantum lands €5.5 million for development of world's most powerful photonic quantum computer
- GUC Demonstrate World's First HBM3 PHY, Controller, and CoWoS Platform at 7.2 Gbps
- Digital Core Design and Resquant are ready for quantum computing-resistant cryptography
Headlines for Wednesday Jul. 06, 2022
Nestwave Announces that Renesas has Adopted its IoT Geolocation Technology for Forthcoming LTE-M/NB-IoT ModuleNestwave, a global leader in low-power geolocation for the IoT, has announced that Renesas will be employing Nestwave technology in a new LTE-M/NB-IoT platform that the semiconductor manufacturer will be launching as a result of its licensing agreements with Sequans Communications, a leading provider of cellular IoT chips and modules.
- Imperas announce the latest RISC-V test suites are now available free with riscvOVPsimPlus
- UMC Reports Sales for June 2022
- Outsourcing Supply Chain Management for chip manufacture can increase yields and quality
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 18.0% Year-to-Year, 1.8% Month-to-Month in May
- WiLAN Signs Second Wireless License in Automotive Industry
Headlines for Tuesday Jul. 05, 2022
Ludicrous Low Power (L2P) by SILICONGATESILICONGATE LDA, the leading provider of Power Management Mixed Signal IP Solutions for ASIC/SoC, announced today the Ludicrous Low Power Mode (L2P). Challenges drive innovation but when you add a motivational word that well describes it, the results can be amazing. This was exactly what happened with the development of the Ludicrous Low Power Mode.
- Faraday to Showcase FPGA-Go-ASIC Service at DAC in San Francisco
- Multiport Memory With Analog Port Patent Issued
- Infineon to strengthen its leading expertise as IoT solution provider by acquiring verification expert NoBug in Romania and Serbia
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - June 2022
Headlines for Monday Jul. 04, 2022
Cadence Advances Radar, Lidar and Communications Processing for Automotive, Consumer and Industrial MarketsCadence Design Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNS) today expanded its popular Tensilica® ConnX family of radar, lidar and communications DSPs with the debut of two new DSP IP cores for embedded processing in the automotive, consumer and industrial markets.
- Optima Launches New IC Security Verification Solution
- SEGGER's product line fully supports Arm Cortex-M85
- Veriest Joins the Global Semiconductor Alliance
- Enhance your High-Density data processing capabilities to new heights with the USB 3.2/ PCIe 3.1/ SATA 3.2 Combo PHY IP Core interface in 28HPC+/HPC process technology
Headlines for Friday Jul. 01, 2022
Sondrel appoints Gareth Jones as VP ASICSondrel Limited has recruited industry veteran, Gareth Jones to head up its turnkey ASIC services. He joins from TSMC where he was director of Marketing for EMEA and he has over 25 years of experience in both ASIC and foundry services.