MIPI C-PHY/D-PHY Combo Universal IP, 4.5Gsps/4.5Gbps in TSMC 22ULP
D&R Headline News (August 2022)
Headlines for Wednesday Aug. 31, 2022
Arm Files Lawsuit Against Qualcomm and Nuvia for Breach of License Agreements and Trademark InfringementArm today filed a lawsuit against Qualcomm Inc. and two of its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”) and Nuvia, Inc. (“Nuvia”) in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware for breach of certain license agreements with Arm and trademark infringement.
- Four Large Agreements Prop Up 2022 Semiconductor M&A Total
- Intel® Pathfinder for RISC-V Delivers New Capabilities for Pre-Silicon Development
- Codasip joins Intel Pathfinder for RISC-V program
- Allegro DVT Partners with SiMa.ai to Optimize Power Efficiency for Embedded Edge Applications
- Q2'22 saw a significant decline in GPU and PC shipments quarter to quarter
- Rapid Silicon's Raptor Software Out-Performs All EDA Tools in the Industry
Headlines for Tuesday Aug. 30, 2022
Andes Technology Corp. Announces Its Contribution To The Intel Pathfinder For RISC-VAndesCore™ AX45MP 64-bit Multicore Processor and NX27V 64-bit Vector Processor, Both with AXI-based AE350 Platform, Are Available in Intel® FPGA Based Pre-silicon Development Tools.
- Crypto Quantique's quantum-driven silicon IP enables root-of-trust in the Intel Pathfinder for RISC-V environment
- Imperas partners with Intel Pathfinder for RISC-V
- SiMa.ai Achieves First Silicon Success with Synopsys Solutions, Launching the Industry's Most Power-Efficient MLSoC Platform for the Embedded Edge
- Siemens introduces Questa Verification IP solution support for the new CXL 3.0 protocol
- Arteris Collaborates with SiMa.ai to Optimize ML Implementation With Efficient Topology Interconnect IP for the Embedded Edge
- Sequans Communications Closes Multi-Year Strategic 5G Partnership Agreement
- Tachyum Signs Memorandum of Understanding with MatLogica
- NSITEXE, OTSL, Kyoto Microcomputer, AXELL, Collaborate to develop RISC-V based Reliable Edge AI platform
- SiMa.ai Develops the Industry's First Purpose-Built Machine Learning System-on-Chip with TSMC's Power Efficient Technology
- Imagination's PowerVR architecture marks its 30th anniversary
- SiMa.ai Ships First Industry Leading Purpose-built Machine Learning SoC Platform to Customers for Embedded Edge Applications
Headlines for Monday Aug. 29, 2022
Racyics wins new automotive customer for its GF 22FDX Adaptive-Body-Biasing solutionRacyics’ ABX solution for Adaptive-Body-Biasing was selected by Robert Bosch GmbH for its upcoming automotive products in GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22FDX technology.
- Credo Introduces 800Gbps and 400Gbps Optical Digital Signal Processors with Integrated Drivers
- Semico Research Concludes proteanTecs Deep Data Analytics Gives SoC Manufacturers a Six-Month Time-to-Market Advantage with Significant Savings
- StarFive Announced 2 High-Performance RISC-V Products: JH7110 SoC and VisionFive 2 SBC
- Enhance your Automotive Application with 14-bit wideband Time-Interleaved Pipeline Data converter's IP cores
Headlines for Friday Aug. 26, 2022
Alphawave IP Acquisition of OpenFive Approved by All RegulatorsAlphawave IP is pleased to announce that it has received all regulatory clearances required for the completion of the previously announced acquisition of OpenFive, including approval from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Headlines for Thursday Aug. 25, 2022
Imagination's GPU and AI Accelerator Licensed for the latest AIoT RISC-V-based applicationsImagination Technologies announces that its IMG B-Series GPU and PowerVR Series3NX NNA cores have been licensed for the latest RISC-V-based SoCs of Alibaba Group’s T-Head Semiconductor for AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things) applications.
- Untether Unveils 2-PFLOPS AI Chip, Edge Roadmap
- Alibaba Cloud Unveils Chip Development Platform to Support Developers with RISC-V based High-performance SoCs
- Synopsys Initiates $240 Million Accelerated Share Repurchase Agreement
- CEO Interview: Sammy Cheung: Filling the General-Purpose FPGA Void
- CXL™ Consortium and JEDEC® Sign MOU Agreement to Advance DRAM and Persistent Memory Technology
- China's RISC-V pioneer, Nuclei, raises funds for IoT, automotive push
- A closer look at TSMC's 3-nm node and FinFlex technology
Headlines for Wednesday Aug. 24, 2022
Intel Introduces First-of-its-Kind Semiconductor Co-Investment ProgramIntel signs agreement with Brookfield to jointly invest up to $30 billion in leading-edge chip factories in Arizona.
- UMC and Cadence Collaborate on Analog/Mixed-Signal Flow for 22ULP/ULL Process Technologies
- Verific's Rick Carlson Appointed Advisory Board Member for the College of Computing at Illinois Institute of Technology
Headlines for Tuesday Aug. 23, 2022
Imagination GPU selected by StarFive for next-generation VisionFive 2 single-board computerImagination Technologies IMG BXE GPU IP has been integrated into StarFive’s latest RISC-V single-board computer (SBC), the VisionFive 2. With a proven track record of delivering high-quality semiconductor IP across industries, Imagination’s GPU was selected for the VisionFive 2 as it offers considerable advantages in power, performance, and area (PPA) for cloud, industrial, networking, consumer and automotive applications.
- Semi Capex On Pace For 21% Growth to $185.5B This Year
- Composable Data Center Innovator, IntelliProp Names Tech Veteran John Spiers as CEO and President
Headlines for Monday Aug. 22, 2022Latest News
- The Worldwide Semiconductor Market is expected to increase 13.9 percent in 2022, continuing to grow by 4.6 percent in 2023.
- Pliops Secures $100M in Series D Funding as Data Center Professionals Continue to Rethink Storage Architectures
- Diakopto Unveils PrimeX™ - Revolutionary EDA Solution for Top-Hierarchy Power Grid and Signal Net EM/IR
- Augment your Peripheral slot's performance with the Low Power and High Throughput PCIe 4.0 PHY IP Cores in 12FFC with matching PCIe 4.0 Controller IP Cores
Headlines for Friday Aug. 19, 2022
UK blocks Chinese purchase of EDA company PulsicThe purchase of Bristol-based Pulsic by Super Orange of Hong Kong was blocked under the National Security and Investment Act 2021. It is not known how much Super Orange was prepared to pay for the private company.
- SiFive's RISC-V Leadership Strengthens with New Vector Solutions
- Cadence and GlobalFoundries Collaborate on RF and mmWave Design Flow to Accelerate Mobile and 5G Innovation
Headlines for Thursday Aug. 18, 2022Latest News
- JEDEC Updates Universal Flash Storage (UFS) and Supporting Memory Interface Standard
- Thalia brings AMALIA IP reuse platform to Israel
- MediaTek Adds MPEG-H Audio to its Pentonic Series of Smart TV Chips and Boosts TV 3.0 Access for Brazilian TV Sets
- Synopsys Posts Financial Results for Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2022
Headlines for Wednesday Aug. 17, 2022
Credo Launches Comprehensive Family of 112G PAM4 SerDes IP for TSMC N5 and N4 Process TechnologiesCredo Technology Group Holding Ltd (NASDAQ: CRDO) today introduced its 112G PAM4 SerDes Intellectual Property (IP) family on TSMC’s industry-leading N5 and N4 process technologies.
- Alphawave IP is officially 5.0 certified on the PCI-SIG Integrator's List
- BrainChip Empowers Next Generation of Technology Innovators with Launch of the University AI Accelerator Program
- QuickLogic Reports Fiscal 2022 Second Quarter Results
- Efinix Low Power, Small Footprint FPGA Selected for SPRESENSE Development Platform
- OPENEDGES Files Registration Statement for the Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Autotalks Enhances 5G C-V2X Chipsets with proteanTecs Deep Data Analytics
Headlines for Tuesday Aug. 16, 2022
Andes Technology and Green Hills Software Team Up to Deliver Advanced Automotive Safety Platform for RISC-VCollaboration brings together the ASIL-certified AndesCore 25-Series RISC-V processor family with Green Hills automotive safety solutions to support a wide range of automotive applications that require safety, security, and efficiency
- Nordic Semiconductor announces its first Wi-Fi chip, the dual-band Wi-Fi 6 nRF7002
- Exclusive CEO Interview: Latest Funding Drives Ventana's First RISC-V Chiplets in Data Centers
- MIPI D-PHY IP Cores along with MIPI DSI Controller IP Cores for both Tx & Rx is available for immediate licensing for high-performance, cost-optimized cameras and displays
Headlines for Monday Aug. 15, 2022Latest News
- New US EDA Software Ban May Affect China's Advanced IC Design, Says TrendForce
- Intel Elects Lip-Bu Tan to Its Board of Directors
- Edgewater Wireless Expands Intellectual Property Monetization Initiatives
Headlines for Friday Aug. 12, 2022
Truechip Announces First Customer Shipment of CXL 3 Verification IP and CXL Switch ModelTruechip, the Verification IP Specialist, today announced that it has shipped CXL 3 Verification IP and CXL Switch model to its customers. The addition of CXL 3 and CXL Switch fortifies the verification of PCIe and CXL Subsystem holistically.
- Vidatronic Expands Portfolio of Power Management, Analog, and Security IP with Additional 180 nm to 22 nm Technologies for IoT Applications Available for Licensing
Headlines for Thursday Aug. 11, 2022
Arasan refreshes its Total USB IP Solution with its next generation of USB 2.0 PHY IPArasan announces the immediate availability of its 2nd generation of USB PHY for the USB 2.0 Specification. Arasan 2nd generation USB PHY is a result of its continual evolution over decades, resulting in this generation with ultra-low area and power specifically targeting IoT and Mobile Devices.
- SMIC Reports 2022 Second Quarter Results
- Opinion: CHIPS Act Escalates Long-Standing U.S.-China Tech Rivalry
- Tudor Brown resigns from SMIC
- Nordic Semi sets up RISC-V design team
Headlines for Wednesday Aug. 10, 2022Latest News
- Siemens selected by Microsoft for Rapid Assured Microelectronics Prototypes (RAMP) Program
- CEVA, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Arteris Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter 2022 and Estimated Third Quarter and Full Year 2022 Guidance
- Cadence Library Characterization Solution Accelerates Delivery and Enhances Quality of Arm Memory Products
Headlines for Tuesday Aug. 09, 2022
CEVA Celebrates 15 Billionth CEVA-powered Chip ShippedMilestone underscores CEVA’s central role in the IoT era, enabling wireless connectivity and intelligence in billions of smartphones, consumer electronics, wearables, IoT endpoints and edge AI devices
Headlines for Monday Aug. 08, 2022
Arm achieves record revenue and shipments in Q1 FY 2022In Q1 FY 2022 Arm reported a record Q1 total revenue of $719 million, up 6% year-over-year, a record quarterly royalty revenue of $453 million, up 22% year-over-year.
- Space Codesign Systems joins Siemens Digital Industries Software Solution Partner Program as a Software and Technology Partner
- GlobalFoundries and Qualcomm Announce Extension of Long-term Agreement to Secure U.S. Supply through 2028
- Enhance your SD Card experience by integrating SD 4.1 UHS-II PHY IP Core to achieve Ultra High Speeds
Headlines for Friday Aug. 05, 2022
Brite Semiconductor provides xSPI/Hyperbus™/Xcella™ controller and PHY total solutionBrite Semiconductor (“Brite”), a leading custom ASIC & IP provider, today announced providing xSPI/HyperbusTM/XcellaTM memory (Flash, PSRAM, MRAM…) controller and PHY solution for custom SoC. This solution is verified using memories from memory manufactures such as GigaDevice, APMemory, Cypress (Infineon), Micron, Macronix etc., which can support customers to develop better products faster in different fields.
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - July 2022
- Cadence Accelerates Hyperscale SoC Design with Industry's First Verification IP and System VIP for CXL 3.0
Headlines for Thursday Aug. 04, 2022
Edge Impulse Releases Deployment Support for BrainChip Akida Neuromorphic IPEdge Impulse, the leading platform for enabling ML at the edge, and BrainChip, the leading provider of neuromorphic AI IP technology, announced support for deploying Edge Impulse projects on the BrainChip MetaTF platform.
- Efinix® Extends Breakthrough Family of Titanium Products with Launch of the Titanium Ti180 FPGA
- Access Advance VVC Patent Pool Momentum Grows
- Neuromorphic Device with Low Power Consumption
- UMC Reports Sales for July 2022
- Architect of CHIPS Act Speaks on Its Impact
- IPrium releases CCSDS TC Telecommand LDPC Encoder and Decoder
- Intel Orders Delayed, TSMC Slows Three-Nanometer Expansion, Says TrendForce
- June Swoon - IC Sales Turn Negative as Economy Weighs on Market
- Cadence Library Characterization Solution Accelerates Delivery and Enhances Quality of Arm Memory Products
Headlines for Wednesday Aug. 03, 2022
Alma Technologies Announces the Immediate Availability of an Ultra-High Throughput Image Scaler IP CoreAlma Technologies S.A. today announced its new UHT-SCALER IP core, a standalone and high-performance image scaler, designed for enabling ultra-high frame rate SD, HD or Ultra HD (4K/8K and beyond) image resizing, even in low-end ASIC or FPGA silicon.
- UCIe™ (Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express™) Consortium Announces Incorporation and New Board Members; Open for Membership
- Imperas leads the RISC-V verification ecosystem as the first to release an open-source SystemVerilog RISC-V processor functional coverage library
- Accellera Announces Proposed Working Group to Explore Clock Domain Crossing Standard
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 13.3% in Q2 2022 Compared to Q2 2021
- CXL Consortium Releases Compute Express Link 3.0 Specification to Expand Fabric Capabilities and Management
Headlines for Tuesday Aug. 02, 2022
Mobiveil and Avery Design Systems Extend Partnership to Accelerate Design and Verification of NVMe 2.0-Enabled SSD DevelopmentMobiveil, Inc. and Avery Design Systems today announced an expanded partnership to help customers accelerate NVMe-based SSD design and verification.
- OPENEDGES Passes the Eligibility Examination of the KOSDAQ listing
- Avery Announces 800G Ethernet VIP virtual network co-simulation platform, enabling SoC pre-silicon validation in real networked application environments
- NSITEXE expands products lineup of RISC-V CPU supported functional safety
- Avery Design Announces CXL 3.0 VIP
- PUFsecurity gains Riscure accreditation for its Anti-Tamper solution, PUFrt
- Rambus Appoints Desmond Lynch as Chief Financial Officer
- CXL Consortium and OpenCAPI Consortium Sign Letter of Intent to Transfer OpenCAPI Specifications to CXL
Headlines for Monday Aug. 01, 2022
Avery Design Systems Verification IP Helps Solid State Storage Controller Startup Validate its Designs and Get to Market FasterAvery Design Systems, a leader in functional verification solutions, today announced its NVMe®, PCIe® and AXI® Verification IP (VIP) has been adopted by TenaFe, to validate and verify the design of its revolutionary Solid State Storage controllers.
- U.S. Passes CHIPS Act, Increasing Restrictions on China Lead to Rising Geopolitical Risk, Says Trendforce
- Rambus Reports Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- SD/eMMC Host and Device Controller IP Cores including matching PHYs with high performance, and high storage capacity available for license to secure your removable and embedded storage