1-112Gbps Medium Reach (MR) and Very Short Reach (VSR) SerDes
D&R Headline News (February 2023)
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 28, 2023
Mixel MIPI D-PHY IP Integrated into Teledyne e2v's new Topaz CMOS Image SensorsMixel®, a leading provider of mixed-signal intellectual property (IP), and Teledyne e2v, a part of Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY], announced today that Mixel’s MIPI® IP solution has been successfully integrated into the Topaz™ family of 2MP and 1.5MP resolution industrial CMOS sensors that are now in mass production.
- Avery Design Debuts CXL Validation Suite
- Arteris Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 and Estimated First Quarter and Full Year 2023 Guidance
- Truechip Announces Early Adopter Version of Sub-System Verification IP
- Agile Analog announces first customisable, process agnostic, 12-bit ADC IP
- Xiphera announces collaboration with Spinnaker Systems for sales of cryptographic IP in Japan
- Arteris and SiFive Partner to Accelerate RISC-V SoC Design of Edge AI Applications
- MIPI Alliance Welcomes Google as a Promoter Member
Headlines for Monday Feb. 27, 2023
Imperas Collaborates with Synopsys on SystemVerilog based RISC-V VerificationImperasDV™ verification solutions are now certified for use with Synopsys functional simulation and debug tools with ‘lock-step-compare’ for RISC-V processor verification
- Menta Reasserts the Key Role of eFPGAs for the European Semiconductor Industry
- Keysight Expands EDA Software Portfolio with the Acquisition of Cliosoft
- IC'ALPS announces successful physical implementation of a demo-chip designed for Weebit Nano's ReRAM technology
- India's Chip Designers To Get Access To State-Of-The-Art Tools At Newly Launched ChipIN Centre At C-DAC Bengaluru
- MIPI M-PHY 4.1 IP, UFS 3.1 Controller IP & Unipro 1.8 Controller IP Cores are available for instant licensing to support your total UFS applications
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 23, 2023
Secure-IC & Trasna are introducing a revolutionary PUF solution that eliminates the need of enrollment phaseSecure-IC, the rising leader and unique global provider of end-to-end cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems and connected objects, and Trasna, an IoT secure hardware and software specialist, announce today they have succeeded to offer a groundbreaking Physically Unclonable Function (PUF) solution.
- Veriest Solutions to Present Two Verification Papers at DVCon US Conference
- CEVA Announces its Most Powerful and Efficient DSP Architecture to Date, Addressing the Massive Compute Requirements of 5G-Advanced and Beyond
- Ventana Micro Selects Imperas Solutions for RISC-V Processor Verification
- Intrinsic ID to Showcase its Expanding Line of Security Solutions at Embedded World 2023
- Startup AiM Future Set to Commercialize LG's AI IP
- M31 earned NT$12.16 per share in 2022 and approved dividend of NT$8 in cash and NT$1 equivalent in stock
- Synopsys Initiates $300 Million Accelerated Share Repurchase Agreement
- Samsung Electronics' World-Class 5nm Technology Selected by Ambarella for New Automotive AI Central Domain Controller
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 22, 2023
Arteris Unveils Next-Generation FlexNoC 5 Physically Aware Network-on-Chip IPArteris, Inc. (Nasdaq: AIP), a leading provider of system IP which accelerates system-on-chip (SoC) creation, today announced the launch of Arteris FlexNoC 5 physically aware network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP.
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 21, 2023
Qualinx Raises €8 Million to Bring Game-Changing Digital RF Technology to MarketQualinx, a pioneer in ultra-low power tracking and connectivity solutions, has announced its Series A investment of €8 million by FORWARD.one, InnovationQuarter Capital and Waterman Ventures.
- Non-Volatile Memory: What Will 2023 Bring?
- Faraday Reports Record-High Revenue and Net Income for Full-Year 2022
Headlines for Monday Feb. 20, 2023
Cadence Delivers 13 New VIP and Expands System VIP Portfolio to Accelerate Automotive, Hyperscale Data Center and Mobile SoC VerificationThe new Cadence® VIP offerings empower customers to confidently develop their next-generation automotive, hyperscale data center and mobile SoCs and microcontrollers while keeping pace with the latest industry standards, including Arm® AMBA® 5 CHI-f, Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express™ (UCIe™), GDDR7, DDR5 DIMM, MIPI® A-PHY® and SoundWire® I3S, and USB4 2.0 interfaces.
- Weebit Nano to demonstrate new silicon at Embedded World 2023
- ESA and UK Space Agency back EnSilica to develop satellite broadband chip
- Arm China profit falls 90%
- Arctic Semiconductor Ships Its First 5G RF Chipset, IceWings, for the 5G Market
- Amkor Technology and GlobalFoundries to Provide At-scale Semiconductor Test and Assembly Services in Europe
- 12bit 5Gsps Current Steering DAC IP Core for Highspeed Communication and Automotive SoCs is available for immediate licensing
Headlines for Friday Feb. 17, 2023
Accurate Positioning Systems and Proximity Solutions with CoreHW Bluetooth® AoA and AoD Antenna ModulesThe Bluetooth-based indoor positioning solutions are becoming more popular technology due to their cost efficiency, low positioning errors, few necessary equipment, and a broad range of applications. In the following, we will introduce CoreHW’s Bluetooth® antenna modules, which are the main components of Bluetooth® direction finding and indoor positioning technology.
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 16, 2023
NIST Selects "Lightweight Cryptography" Algorithms to Protect Small DevicesLightweight electronics, meet the heavyweight champion for protecting your information: Security experts at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have announced a victor in their program to find a worthy defender of data generated by small devices. The winner, a group of cryptographic algorithms called Ascon, will be published as NIST’s lightweight cryptography standard later in 2023.
- Oculi Forms strategic partnership with GlobalFoundries to advance edge sensing technology
- Cadence Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Financial Results
- Tachyum Validates Prodigy Universal Processor with Kubernetes for High-Performance, High-Density Computing for Containers
- embedded world 2023: Codasip presents on custom compute and RISC-V design
- Synopsys Posts Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal Year 2023
- The Six Semiconductor of OPENEDGES Technology Collaborates with imec.IC-link US to Tape-out Two 7nm Testchip
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 15, 2023
Intrinsic ID Protects 500,000,000 Devices Globally: Leading the Way in Secure and Authenticated Connected DevicesIntrinsic ID, the world’s leading provider of Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) technology for security and authentication applications in embedded systems and the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that it is now protecting 500,000,000 devices worldwide with cutting-edge security technology.
- CEVA, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results
- Andes And IAR Systems Together Enable Leading Vendor ILITEK To Accelerate The Development Of Its ISO 26262 Ready TDDI SoC ILI6600A
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 14, 2023
Arm China lays off 14% of staffArm China, the jv Arm has with Chinese investors, has laid off 90-95 employees citing a challenging business outlook, says Reuters.
- Xiphera and Muspark Technologies announce a partnership to enter the Indian technology market
- intoPIX showcases its new JPEG XS solutions to simplify IP video production workflow at HPA Tech Retreat 2023
Headlines for Monday Feb. 13, 2023
Würth Elektronik Partners with Crypto Quantique for IoT SecurityWürth Elektronik has signed a partnership agreement with Crypto Quantique. Collaboration with the specialist in quantum-based cyber security in the Internet of Things (IoT) enhances security for Würth Elektronik’s wireless modules.
- Bluetooth SIG Introduces Wireless Standard for Electronic Shelf Label Market
- TSMC January 2023 Revenue Report
- Wi-Fi 6 (ax)/BLE/15.4 22nm Combo RF IP Core, for IoT Application is Available for Immediate Licensing
Headlines for Friday Feb. 10, 2023
Andes Technology: Stepping into the 18th Year with Perseverance and Proud AccomplishmentsSince going public in 2017, Andes Technology has continued to gain market traction in CPU IP licensing, and its revenue has hit new highs for 6 consecutive years. Despite facing swift and tumultuous changes in the intellectual property industry and world economics, Andes attained significant growth, with a double-digit increase in their revenues in the year 2022.
- Sharp, Motorola Mobility, and Kyocera Join Access Advance's HEVC Advance Patent Pool as Licensees
- GlobalFoundries and GM Announce Long-Term Direct Supply Agreement for U.S. Production of Semiconductor Chips
- indie to Acquire GEO Semiconductor
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 09, 2023
GlobalFoundries Acquires Renesas' Non-Volatile Resistive RAM Technology to Proliferate IoT and 5G ApplicationsGlobalFoundries (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF) today announced that it has acquired Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas)’s proprietary and production proven Conductive Bridging Random Access Memory (CBRAM) technology, a low power memory solution designed to enable a range of applications in home and industrial IoT and smart mobile devices.
- SMIC Reports 2022 Fourth Quarter Results
- Rambus Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Financial Results
- Lorentz Solution Joins Intel Foundry Services (IFS) Accelerator EDA Alliance Program to Enable Peakview EM Platform and Accelerate IC and 3DIC Designs
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 08, 2023
ShortLink AB joins X-FAB's Design & Supply Chain Partner Network and IP PortalShortLink AB, a Swedish company with more than 25 years of experience developing custom application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), is proud to announce its listing on 'X-Chain' – the X-FAB Design & Supply Chain Partner Network. ShortLink offers turnkey ASIC development from initial concept through development up to and including mass production supply chain management.
- HARMAN and proteanTecs Collaborate to Advance Predictive and Preventive Maintenance for Automotive Electronics
- Embedded World 2023: Logic Fruit Technologies to Unveil Cutting-Edge Technology Solutions
Headlines for Tuesday Feb. 07, 2023
ZeroPoint Technologies raises EUR 3.2 million in seed funding to reduce energy consumption of data centers by more than 25%ZeroPoint Technologies AB today closed a EUR 3.2 million seed round, from climate tech investor Climentum Capital, Nordic VC Industrifonden, Chalmers Ventures, and present shareholders, to finance the company in 2023 and beyond.
- Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments and Revenue Set New Records in 2022, SEMI Reports
- AI-designed Chips Reach Scale with First 100 Commercial Tape-outs Using Synopsys Technology
- Arm Q3 FY22 financial results
- QuickLogic Drives eFPGA Innovation with New Aurora™ Development Tool Suite
Headlines for Monday Feb. 06, 2023
Gartner Says Top 10 Semiconductor Buyers Decreased Chip Spending by 7.6% in 2022The top 10 global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) decreased their chip spending by 7.6% and accounted for 37.2% of the total market in 2022, according to preliminary results by Gartner, Inc. Global inflation and recession pressures sharply weakened demand for PCs and smartphones in 2022, impacting global OEMs production.
- Denying China IC Manufacturing Tools
- U.S. Ban on Huawei Seen Widening China Chip War
- UMC Reports Sales for January 2023
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - January 2023
- DVB-RCS2 Turbo Decoder and Encoder IP Core Available For Integration From Global IP Core
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 3.2% in 2022 Despite Second-Half Slowdown
- Aldec Releases Automated Static Linting and CDC Analysis for Microchip FPGA and SoC FPGA Designs
- Peripheral IPs with proven automotive compatibility are instantly licensable for extremely reliable performance.
Headlines for Thursday Feb. 02, 2023
Rambus Delivers 6400 MT/s DDR5 Registering Clock Driver to Advance Server Memory PerformanceRambus today announced the availability of its new 6400 MT/s DDR5 Registering Clock Driver (RCD) and sampling to the major DDR5 memory module (RDIMM) manufacturers.
- GreenWaves Technologies announces a €20M financing
- Xfuse, LLC Phoenix ISP Now Available as a Download for AMD Kria KV260 Vision AI Starter Kit
Headlines for Wednesday Feb. 01, 2023Latest News