D&R Headline News (April 2023)
Headlines for Friday Apr. 28, 2023
Alphawave Semi: Q1 2023 Trading and Business UpdateAlphawave IP Group plc (LN: AWE, the “Company” or “Alphawave Semi”), a global leader in high-speed connectivity for the World’s technology infrastructure, is pleased to publish its trading and business update for the three months ended 31 March 2023.
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 27, 2023
TSMC Showcases New Technology Developments at 2023 Technology SymposiumDebuts Enhanced N3P Process, HPC-Focused N3X Process, N3AE Auto Early Program, and Updates 2nm and TSMC 3DFabric™ Progress
- Revenue Decline of Global Top 10 IC Design Houses Expanded to Nearly 10% in 4Q22, Decline Expected to Continue into 1Q23, Says TrendForce
- Esperanto Technologies Launches New Cloud Access Program to Broaden Access to its Massively Parallel, Low Power RISC-V Solutions
- Siemens announces certifications for TSMC's latest processes, celebrates recent achievements for Siemens and TSMC collaboration
- Cadence Digital and Custom/Analog Design Flows Certified for TSMC's Latest N3E and N2 Process Technologies
- HDL Design House develops its first full SoC from architecture definition to tapeout for an external customer
- Weebit Nano ReRAM now commercially available; fab & customer agreements progressing
- M31 demonstrates high-speed interface IP development achievements on TSMC's 7nm & 5nm process technologies
- Lattice Extends Low Power FPGA Portfolio with Launch of MachXO5T-NX Advanced System Control FPGAs
- Xiphera adds lightweight cryptography to its stream cipher portfolio
- Cadence and TSMC Collaborate on N16 79GHz mmWave Design Reference Flow to Accelerate Radar, 5G and Wireless Innovation
- Cadence Custom Design Migration Flow Accelerates Adoption of TSMC N3E and N2 Process Technologies
- Cadence Collaborates with GUC on AI, HPC and Networking in Advanced Packaging Technologies
- Cadence Delivers New Design Flows Based on the Integrity 3D-IC Platform in Support of TSMC 3Dblox™ Standard
- Creonic Introduces FEC IP Core Solution for SDA Free-Space Optical OCT V3.0 Standard
- Signature IP Corporation Demonstrates Configurable NoC Products at Design & Reuse IP SoC Day
- Xiphera joins Microchip Technology's FPGA Design Partner program
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 26, 2023
Arteris IP Licensed by Axelera AI to Accelerate Computer Vision at the EdgeThe silicon-proven network-on-chip system IP enables Axelera AI engineers to meet performance, ultra-low power, and time-to-market objectives in its Metis AI Platform.
- Synopsys, Ansys and Keysight Collaborate with TSMC to Boost Performance of Autonomous Systems with New mmWave Reference Flow
- Alphawave Semi Showcases 3nm Connectivity Solutions and Chiplet-Enabled Platforms for High Performance Data Center Applications
- Fraunhofer IIS/EAS Selects Achronix Embedded FPGAs (eFPGAs) to Build Heterogeneous Chiplet Demonstrator
- Weebit Nano successfully secures US$40 million to accelerate development and commercial roll-out of its ReRAM
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 25, 2023
Agile Analog launches innovative digitally wrapped analog IP subsystemsAgile Analog, the customizable analog IP company, has launched its first range of analog subsystems, covering power management, PVT sensing, and sleep management. These innovative, digitally wrapped subsystems significantly reduce the effort required to integrate multiple analog IPs into any ASIC by allowing the IP to be dropped straight into a digital design flow and connected via a standard peripheral bus, such as AMBA APB.
- Sondrel engages The SHD Group to assist in bringing Architecting the Future to the American market
- Synopsys and TSMC Collaborate to Jumpstart Designs on TSMC's N2 Process with Optimized EDA Flows
- Attopsemi's Revolutionary I-fuse® OTP Silicon-Proven on FinFET Technology
- OPENEDGES' 12nm LPDDR5/4 Memory Subsystem IP that Drives Innovation Licensed by ASICLAND
- Andes Technology's N25F RISC-V Processor Enables Superior Performance And Low Power For Phison's X1 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Cadence Tapes Out 16G UCIe Advanced Package IP on TSMC's N3E Process Technology
- Cadence Accelerates Hyperscale SoC Design with Next-Generation 112G Extended Long-Reach SerDes IP on TSMC's N4P Process
- Analog Bits to Demonstrate Working Silicon on TSMC N3E Process at TSMC 2023 North America Technology Symposium
- Rapid Silicon Launches Vega eFPGA IP for Programmable Solutions
Headlines for Monday Apr. 24, 2023
Flex Logix Announces InferX™ High Performance IP for DSP and AI InferenceInferX joins EFLX® eFPGA as Flex Logix’s second IP offering. It can be used by device manufacturers and systems companies that want the performance of a DSP-FPGA or a AI-GPU in their SoC, but at a fraction of the cost and power
- VyperCore Announces £4 million in Seed Funding
- Synopsys, TSMC and Ansys Strengthen Ecosystem Collaboration to Advance Multi-Die Systems
- Arm reported to be building a chip
- Dilithium core complements Xiphera's xQlave® family of post-quantum cryptography
- Weebit Nano raises $15 million via upsized and scaled-back SPP
- Marvell Demonstrates Industry's First 3nm Data Infrastructure Silicon
- Coherent Logix collaborates with Omni Design, AkiraNET Co. and Socionext to deliver reference design for Wi-Fi 6E/7
- Omni Design's High Performance Analog Front Ends are Adopted in Socionext's Next Generation Communications SoCs
- Introducing High-Speed Fractional PLL IP Cores with SSC that offers exceptional features in different process technologies
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 20, 2023
GlobalFoundries Files Lawsuit Against IBM to Protect its Intellectual Property and Trade SecretsGlobalFoundries (NASDAQ: GFS) (GF) today sued IBM for trade secret misappropriation. The complaint asserts the former semiconductor manufacturing company has unlawfully disclosed GF’s confidential IP and trade secrets, after IBM sold its microelectronics business to GF in 2015.
- EU agrees Chips Act terms
- EdgeQ Closes $75M Series-B Investment and Ramps to Customers' Demand for Its Award-Winning 5G+AI Base Station-on-a-Chip for 5G Networks
- Cadence Unleashes the Future of Analog, Custom and RFIC Design with Pioneering AI-Powered Virtuoso Studio
- TSMC Reports First Quarter EPS of NT$7.98
- EdgeCortix Expands Delivery of its Industry Leading SAKURA-I AI Co-processor Devices and MERA Software Suite
- Esperanto Technologies Announces RISC-V Industry Milestone Of Generative AI Models Running on ET-SoC-1; Access to be Made Available to the RISC-V Research Community
- Rambus Accelerates AI Performance with Industry-Leading 24 Gb/s GDDR6 PHY
- The Six Semiconductor of OPENEDGES Receives Best International Business Award from ACCE
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 19, 2023Latest News
- The Need for Security is Everywhere. Intrinsic ID Showcases Expertise and PUF Innovations at Key Industry Events
- Silicon Interfaces enhances Functional Safety ISO 26262-Compliant ASIL C Services Solution for Automotive
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 18, 2023
Mixel MIPI C-PHY/D-PHY Combo IP Integrated into Hercules Microelectronics HME-H3 FPGAMixel®, Inc. (Mixel), a leading provider of mixed-signal intellectual property (IP), and Hercules Microelectronics (HME), a China-based developer of programmable FPGA cores, announced today that Mixel’s MIPI® C-PHY/D-PHY IP solution has been successfully integrated into HME-H3 FPGA and is now in mass production.
- Rapid Silicon Partners with Elastics.cloud on CXL 3.0 Dual Mode Controller IP to Enhance its Custom FPGA Solutions
- eMemory's Security-enhanced OTP Qualifies on TSMC N5 Process and Continues to Tackle Automotive Solutions
- Cadence Demonstrates Interoperability with SK hynix's Highest Speed LPDDR5T Mobile DRAM at 9600Mbps
Headlines for Monday Apr. 17, 2023
Arm could be on the hook for $8.5bn of Softbank debtIf Arm does not file for its public offer by the end of September it could become liable for $8.5 billion of Softbank debt for which it was made a guarantor.
- Cadence Extends Collaboration with TSMC and Microsoft to Advance Giga-Scale Physical Verification in the Cloud
- TSMC could partner with Bosch for 28nm fab in Germany
- Semidynamics launches world's first fully customisable RISC-V IP cores
- DVB-S2X LDPC/ BCH Encoder and Decoder IP Core Available For Integration From Global IP Core
- Introducing the Cutting-Edge USB 3.0/ PCIe 3.0 Combo PHY IP Core in 28HPC+ for High-Performance SoC Designs
Headlines for Friday Apr. 14, 2023
CryptOne IP Core is ready for post-quantum realityPolish IP Core & SoC provider will present these solutions on 24th of April during IP SoC Silicon Valley and RSA Conference in San Francisco.
- Fraunhofer IIS partners with Avid to enable support of MPEG-H Audio in Pro Tools
- MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS collaborate on MPEG-H Audio and xHE-AAC encoding for video and audio streaming services
- Experience the Future of Video Processing with intoPIX and Imagine Communications at the 2023 NAB Show
- Pine64 launches world's first RISC-V tablet device - PineTab-V for presale
- Softbank reduces Alibaba holding to 3.8%
- Cadence Introduces EMX Designer, Delivering More Than 10X Increased Performance for On-Chip Passive Component Synthesis
- Pragmatic Semiconductor Announces Appointment of Semiconductor Industry Veteran, David Moore, as CEO
- IAR Embedded Secure IP upgrades solutions portfolio with late-stage security
- Strict Restrictions Imposed by US CHIPS Act Will Lower Willingness of Multinational Suppliers to Invest; Chinese Semiconductor Development Will Be Limited for Next Decade, Says TrendForce
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 13, 2023
VeriSilicon Brings Super Resolution Technology to Smart DisplayVeriSilicon (688521.SH) today announced the launch of its super resolution IP SR2000. With the ability to increase the resolution and quality of low-resolution video sources, SR2000 enables low-resolution video streams to be displayed at the edge with high resolution and image quality, while lowering network bandwidth.
- Ateme and Fraunhofer Join Forces to Deliver Next Generation Audio
- EnSilica evaluation platform for EN62020 sensor interface ASIC speeds up development of wearable fitness and healthcare sensor devices
- Synopsys Introduces the Industry's First Emulation System with Unmatched Capacity to Enable Electronics Digital Twins of Advanced SoCs
- Hardware Root of Trust: The Key to IoT Security in Smart Homes
- Get Ready to be Amazed by the one-of-a-kind exhibit "JPEG XS in Action" by intoPIX at NAB2023
- Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Reach Industry Record $107.6 Billion in 2022, SEMI Reports
- On your Wrist and in Space; Intrinsic ID is Everywhere. Come Find us at Key Industry Tradeshows in April
- JEDEC Expands CAMM Standardization to include Two Key Memory Technologies
- Frontgrade Products Enable ESA's JUICE Mission
- IC Manage Partners with Library Technologies to Accelerate Library Characterization by 100x in the Cloud
- Rambus Joins the Intel Foundry Services (IFS) Accelerator IP Alliance to Enable State-of-the-Art SoCs
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 12, 2023
Arteris IP Selected By ASICLAND for Automotive, AI Enterprise and AI Edge SoCsThe silicon-proven FlexNoC interconnect IP and supporting AI options from Arteris facilitate faster time to market and reduce design time for ASICLAND customers across various industries.
- APlabs Chooses CAST IP Cores for Next-Generation Automotive SoC
- Tiempo Secure and GreenWaves Technologies demonstrate Secure Element role as Master in an embedded system
- Cadence Strengthens Tensilica Vision and AI Software Partner Ecosystem for Advanced Automotive, Mobile, Consumer and IoT Applications
- Lawo and intoPIX Partner to Deliver End-to-End JPEG XS Support!
- Xylon Reveals Industry's First L5 Autonomy Ready Data Logger and HIL System
- DENSO adopts VisualSim Architect to improve in-vehicle network design.
- Intel Foundry and Arm Announce Multigeneration Collaboration on Leading-Edge SoC Design
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 11, 2023
Village Island VICO-XI is Revolutionizing IP Video Conversion with Reduced Bandwidth and Microsecond Latency using intoPIX TechnologyintoPIX, the leading provider and co-creator of lightweight low-latency compression solutions, and Village Island are proud to announce the release of VICO-XI, which is equipped with the intoPIX visually lossless JPEG XS codec, allowing IP conversion between uncompressed ST2110-20 streams and JPEG XS compressed ST2110-22 streams of 4K and HD video.
- Rapid Silicon Launches Revolutionary RapidGPT for FPGA Designers
- Renesas Samples Its First 22-nm Microcontroller
- TSMC March 2023 Revenue Report
- UMC Reports Sales for March 2023
Headlines for Monday Apr. 10, 2023Latest News
- Peripheral IP Cores targeting Automotive applications are instantly licensable for extremely reliable performance
Headlines for Friday Apr. 07, 2023
Global Semiconductor Sales Decrease 4% Month-to-Month in FebruarySIA today announced global semiconductor industry sales totaled $39.7 billion during the month of February 2023, a decrease of 4.0% compared to the January 2023 total of $41.3 billion and 20.7% less than the February 2022 total of $50.0 billion.
Headlines for Thursday Apr. 06, 2023
intoPIX Partners with Panasonic Connect to Enable new JPEG XS Cameras for Live Video ProductionintoPIX, the leading provider of lightweight low-latency compression solutions, today proudly announced its partnership with Panasonic Connect regarding the integration of its JPEG XS technology in their PTZ and studio cameras.
- Samsung Electronics and AMD Extend Strategic IP Licensing Agreement To Bring AMD Radeon™ Graphics to Future Mobile Platforms
- SiPearl: Initial closing of Series A with €90m financing to launch Rhea, the energy-efficient HPC-dedicated microprocessor
- Post-Quantum Cryptography: Are You Ready?
- Synopsys Accelerates First-Pass Silicon Success for Banias Labs' Networking SoC
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - March 2023
- ChatGPT leaking Samsung chip secrets is iceberg's tip
- AMD Launches First 5nm ASIC-based Media Accelerator Card to Power New Era of Interactive Media Services at Scale
- GUC Taped Out 3nm 8.6Gbps HBM3 and 5Tbps/mm GLink-2.5D IP using TSMC Advanced Packaging Technology
Headlines for Wednesday Apr. 05, 2023
OPENEDGES' LPDDR5 Memory Subsystem IP Licensed by Aisin for Automotive ApplicationOPENEDGES Technology today announced that Aisin Corporation has licensed the ORBIT DDR Memory Controller IP (OMC) and ORBIT DDR PHY IP (OPHY) for its high-performance automotive application. Aisin Corp develops components and systems for the automotive industry and is a member of the Toyota Group.
- Rambus and SK hynix Extend Comprehensive License Agreement
- Google extends license agreement for AAC codec range with Fraunhofer IIS
- Tiempo Secure appoints IPro as its Sales Representative in Israel
- Orthogone and Napatech collaborate to deliver state-of-the-art, ultra-low latency FPGA-based SmartNIC platform for high-frequency trading applications
Headlines for Tuesday Apr. 04, 2023
Allegro DVT Announces the Industry's First MPEG-5 LCEVC Decoder Silicon IPAllegro DVT, a leading provider of silicon video IP solutions announces the availability of its D301, the first MPEG-5 Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding (LCEVC) decoder IP solution.
- Introducing STAGE RACER 2 with intoPIX JPEG XS: The Future of Fiber Transmission for Broadcast Events
- sureCore pushes the SRAM voltage envelope to below 0.5V for the first time
- Sondrel signs EDA license extension with Siemens for three more years
- ULTRARAM™ universal computer memory to be commercialised
- CEO interview: Paul Wells of SureCore on low power memory and China
- SEMIFIVE Achieves Mass Production Milestone of its SoC Platform
Headlines for Monday Apr. 03, 2023
TurboConcept and Lomicro Information Technology today celebrate two years of successful collaborationTurboConcept, the industry-reference IP Core provider for Forward Error Correction (FEC) IP cores today celebrates two years of successful collaboration with Shanghai LoMicro Information Technology Co., Ltd , specialized in distributing IP Core and related technologies in China.
- The Future of Semi Innovation from Disruptive Memory to Chiplets with Alphawave Semi
- SynSense closes strategic round to accelerate the development of their high-speed 3D neuromorphic processor DYNAP™-CNN2
- XMOS announces xcore®-voice: the next generation intelligent solution for smart voice applications
- Vtool appoints Wonderep to be its sales-channel partner in Israel
- Unleashing the Full Potential of Your Display: eDisplayPort v1.4 PHY and Controller IP Cores are available for licensing for your Robust products