The device is a dual Intermediate-frequency amplifier (IFA) which consists of 4-stage amplifier with tunable gain, an input linear buffer for analog output and an analog-digital converter for digital output and a detector of output level.
The amplifier has differential inputs and outputs, and consists of 4 stages. Gain is sequentially reduced from the last stage to the first stage. This method allows to keep a low noise figure in wide gain range.
The amplifier can operate in the following modes:
-linear output with automatic gain control (AGC);
-digital output with AGC for analog signal;
-digital output with AGC for digital signal.
The block is fabricated on SMIC CMOS 0.18 um technology.
- SMIC CMOS 180 nm technology
- Wide gain range (0…62 dB)
- Low input noise figure
- Low group delay time ripple vs. frequency and gain
- Digital and analog output modes
- Built-in AGC detector without external capacitor
- No external components required
- Supported foundries: TSMC, UMC, Global Foundries, SMIC, iHP, AMS, Vanguard, SilTerra
- Navigation systems
- Schematic or NetList
- Abstract model (.lef and .lib files)
- Layout view (optional)
- Behavioral model (Verilog)
- Extracted view (optional)
- DRC, LVS, antenna report
- Test bench with saved configurations (optional)