The S3DA100K10BTJ180 is a low sample rate Voltage DAC that is ideal for low frequency auxiliary applications.
The Voltage DAC is implemented using resistor-string architecture. A resistive ladder divides the reference voltage into the required steps and MOS pass gate switches select the appropriate output level. A main DAC is used in conjunction with a sub DAC to give a more favourable area resolution trade-off. The resolution of the sub DAC and main DAC add, giving a linear area resolution trade off, as opposed to the exponentially increasing number of resistors with just one DAC. The AOUT is a Single Ended voltage with a 2.3V output swing.
The power of the Voltage DAC is determined by the noise requirements, the load, and the maximum sample rate. Trade-offs can be made on the power consumption by limiting any of these specifications.
This 10-bit Voltage DAC features an excellent static performance that includes ±0.5LSB DNL, ±0.5LSB INL (over range 10%*FS to 100%*FS) and ±1LSB INL (over full DAC range).
- TowerJazz 0.18um TS18 Standard Logic Process
- 6 Metals and DNW Used
- Single 3.3V Supply
- 10 Bit Voltage DAC resolution
- Max settling time of 6.2us
- 2.3Vpp Single Ended Output Range
- Only 1.43 mW when driving 10kohm/33pF load
- DNL< ±0.5LSB
- INL< ±0.5LSB over range 10%*FS to 100%*FS
- INL< ±1LSB over full DAC range
- Power-Down Mode
- Compact Die Area: 0.152mm2
- The S3DA100K10BTJ180 is ideal for integration with a DSP engine, and can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- (Subject to Agreement)
- House Keeping / Auxiliary Functions
Block Diagram of the 10-Bit 100KHz Voltage DAC - TowerJazz 180nm