For UltraScale and UltraScale+ device support, refer to the 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem
Designed to the IEEE 802.3-2012 specification
Xilinx provides a parameterizable LogiCORE™ IP solution for the 10 Gigabit per second (Gbps) Ethernet Media Access Controller function used to interface to Physical Layer devices in a 10Gbps Ethernet (10GE) system. The core is designed to work with the latest Kintex® UltraScale™, Virtex® UltraScale, 7 Series, Virtex-6, Virtex-5 and Virtex-4 and Virtex-II Pro and Spartan®-6 platform FPGAs and integrate seamlessly into the Xilinx design flow.
The 10GEMAC core is designed to the IEEE 802.3-2012 specification and supports the high-bandwidth demands of network Internet Protocol (IP) traffic on LAN, MAN and WAN networks.
The Xilinx 10GEMAC core is another of the SystemIO solutions which provide high-performance interconnect technologies for communications equipment and flexibility in implementing emerging interface standards. The MAC core performs the Link function of the 10Gb Ethernet standard. The 10 Gigabit Media Independent Interface (XGMII) version of this core is intended to interface to either an off-chip PHY device or XAUI, DXAUI, RXAUI, 10GBASE-R/KR LogiCORE using the XGMII Interface.
- Designed to IEEE 802.3-2012 specification
- 1588 hardware timestamping support available through AXI 10G Ethernet IP
- Optional 32-bit low latency 10G Ethernet MAC or 64-bit Ethernet MAC supporting 10G data rates
- Choice of external XGMII or internal FPGA interface to PHY layer
- AXI4-Stream protocol support on client transmit and receive interfaces
- Supports Deficit Idle Count for maximum data throughput; maintains minimum IFG under all conditions and provides line rate performance
- Supports Deficit Idle Count with In-Band FCS and without In-Band FCS for all devices
- Comprehensive statistics gathering
- Supports 802.3 and 802.1Qbb (priority-based) flow control in both directions
- Provides MDIO STA master interface to manage PHY layers
- Supports VLAN, jumbo frames, and WAN mode
- Custom Preamble mode
- Independent TX and RX Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) frame length
- Extremely customizable; trade resource usage against functionality
- The 10G Ethernet MAC is bundled with the 10G/25G Ethernet MAC/PCS part number