The Cadence 10G-KR PHY IP is a hard PHY macro consisting of a Physical Media Attachment (PMA) layer and a soft Physical Coding Sublayer. It is optimized for 10G Ethernet, and provides high performance at low power and low area. Compliant with IEEE Standard 802.3 10GBASE-KR requirements (Clause 51), the Cadence 10G-KR PHY IP
is highly-configurable allowing the PHY to be customized to your specific needs.
Numerous auto-calibrated circuits, programmable state machines throughout the design for PHY performance tuning, and the dual LC tank PLL provide a low-power optimum performance design. All standard power states, including VAUX, are supported.
- Compatible with IEEE Standard 802.3
- Supports XAUI, SGMII, and QSGMII applications
- LC Tank VCO/PLL for improved performance
- Automatic calibration of analog circuits and offset correction for minimum BER
- 5-tap adaptive decision feedback equalization for long-reach support
- Bifurcation and inverse bifurcation support
- Fully adaptive, continuous-time, linear equalizer
- PCS supports the PIPE 4.0 specification
- Programmable 3-tap transmitter finite-impulse response filter with polarity inversion
- Supports 4x10G, 10x10G, and 1G configurations for Ethernet
- Standards integration views: timing, physical views, LEF, DRC, LVS, ANT
- GDSII layout
- Complete documentation customized to your specific configuration