TRC3114 is a Quad SerDes used as four independent 3.125Gb/s FC, BP, or cable transceiver or 10Gbps XAUI Transceive. It operates with a single 1.8V supply. It has built-in 8bit/10bit converter, low jitter clock synthesizer, P/S and S/P converter, CDR PLL, selectable equalizer and pre-emphasis, BIST function, JTAG (1149.1), MDIO (clauses 22 & 45). It uses only 3 resistors as external components. I/O can be 1.8V SSTL_18 or 1.5V HSTL. It is fabricated in 256 pin PBGA package, with total Pd of 1.2W.
- 10Gbps XAUI optimised for BP applications.
- Alternate independent channel support for FC and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Per channel rate of 1 to 3.125Gb/s.
- High speed differential Reference CK.
- Jitter Tolerance of 0.72UIpp, and Jitter Generation of 0.19UIpp.
- On-chip serial CML output drivers with internal termination.
- Four levels of pre-emphasis and equalizer.
- Synchronizetion for character alignment.
- On-chip serial loopback, and PRBS7 generator and checker.
- MDIO and JTAG.
- TSMC 0.18um advanced CMOS process.
- 256 pin PBGA package.
- 1.2W total power dissipation.
- Good jitter performance
- Flexible BIST and programability.
- TRC3114 stand alone chip.