Video Output Front End for RGB, YUV, Composite, SD and HD Monitors for set-top-box, PC and other video applications
- 90m CMOS G logic process 7M
- 3.3V and 1.0V supplies required
- 3x 12-bit 160MSPS DAC channels
- DNL < 1LSB, INL < 2.5LSB
- Total harmonic distortion >53dBc
- Single-ended or differential output
- 6-bit gain control per channel for colour correction
- Monitor Sense for Low Power Management
- Power dissipation for 37.5 Ohm termination
- 306mW for RGB video output
- 372mW for Composite TV output
- Total area (with biasing circuitry) < 0.5mm2
- The component has been developed on standard 90nm process. This is ideal for integration with a DSP engine.
- Lower power consumption can be achieved by increasing the external resistor size.
- The output voltage range can be set by selecting suitable load resistors or external bias resistor.
- The gain matching between channels is better than 5%.
- Interchannel crosstalk levels are below -60dBFS.
- The gain of each DAC is controllable with 6-bit resolution.
- A sense comparator in each channel detects when the output signal level exceeds a predefined value and is used to detect the presence of a connected monitor to provide control data to the power management system.
- As part of the License Agreement the components listed will be delivered:
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (tlf)
- Behavioral Model (VHDL/Verilog)
- Silicon Samples
- DemonstrationEvaluation Board
- Integration Support
- For more detailed information regarding the S3TD160M12B90 D/A converter please refer to the full datasheet which is available upon request. The S3TD160M12B90 can be delivered as a single IP component for customer integration or S3 engineers can integrate it as part of a SoC engagement.