The macro contains a current steering digital-to-analog (DAC), Low pass filter and mux with differential current outputs (Bypass mode) or voltage (Normal operating mode, outputs directly from the LPF). The filter is useful as DAC reconstruction filter.
The DAC segmentation results in an excellent static performance and reduced glitch energy at the output. This also ensures parasitics within the DAC are minimized.Furthermore, the distortion at the output is greatly reduced by using propriety latch architecture.
The combination of static performance, reduced glitch energy, minimized parasitics and reduced distortion, results in outstanding dynamic performance over a wide range of conditions including frequencies close to the DAC Nyquist frequency.
- 55nm GlobalFoundries LPe Process, 6 Metals (No Analog Options)
- 3.3V and 1.2V Supplies
- Single VDAC
- 5th-Order Butterworth Filter
- Sampling Rate up to 300Ms/s
- -3dB at 70MHz
- 6-bit Gain Control
- Filter Bypass Option
- Sense comparator
- Single-Ended or Differential Output Range
- DAC Full scale output currents 17mA to 34mA
- Current Consumption: 33mA
- DNL< 1LSB Typ.; INL< 3LSB Typ.
- SFDR=53dBc typical at 300MS/s, Fout= 1MHz
- Output Swing 1.0V Single-ended
- Die Area pre-shrink: 0.43mm2
- Post-shrink:0.3483 mm2
- This 12-bit DAC features an excellent static performance that includes ±1LSB DNL and ±3 INL.
- The gain of the DAC is 6-bit controllable over a range from 8dBto 0dB. This is achieved with integrated bias current circuitry.
- The DAC is ideal for integration with a DSP engine, and can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- *Subject to Agreement
- Composite Video
- RGB Video
- Set Top Box Output Video Buffering
Block Diagram of the 12-Bit Video DAC with Low Pass Filter