The S3DA5M12BSM28PS is a Voltage DAC that is ideal for low frequency housekeeping applications. The Voltage DAC is implemented with as a current steering architecture and output buffer which implement I-V conversion to drive capacitive and resistive loads. The VOUT is a Single Ended voltage with a 1.45V output swing.
The power of the Voltage DAC is determined by the load, and the maximum sample rate. Trade-offs can be made on the power consumption by limiting any of these specifications. 4.8mW is quoted for the total power for 5MHz update frequency operation driving a 25pF and 10Kohm parallel load.
- 28nm SMIC Poly-Sion Process, 6 Metals Used
- 1.8V and 1.05V Supplies
- 12 Bit Voltage DAC resolution
- Sampling Rate up to 5MHz
- Max Fout <50KHz
- 1.45Vpp Single Ended Output Range
- Only 4.8mW at 5MHz (excluding current load)
- DNL< 1LSB Typ.; INL< 2LSB Typ.
- SNR = 66dB, SFDR = 60dB, Fout= 50kHz
- Stand-By and Power-Down Modes
- Die Area Pre-shrink:0.1mm2
- This 12-bit Voltage DAC features an excellent static performance that includes ±1LSB DNL and ±2LSB INL. The S3DA5M12BSM28PS is ideal for integration with a DSP engine, and can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioral Model (Verilog)
- Integration Support
- Housekeeping / Auxiliary Functions
Block Diagram of the 12-Bit Voltage DAC for IoT IP Core