GV330 is a dedicated 2D vector graphics accelerator IP core conformant to the OpenVG standard. Vector graphics technology capable of scalable rich 2D drawing such as line, curve, fill, etc., is ideal for applications including maps and font-scaling.
- Pixel performance: 200M pixels/sec (6.4Gpixels/sec max.)
- Maximum texture size: 8192x8192
- 2D Drawing functions
- Vector engine
- Path processing, transform, rasterizing,
- Straight line, curved line (quadratic/cubic Bezier), Elliptical arc
- Paint processing (color, gradient, pattern)
- Scissoring,alpha masking, alpha blending,
- Anti-aliasing, color space conversion
- Image drawing (scaled/rotated/transformed), image filtering
- 2D Sprite
- Stretch, rotate, free deformation
- Bit BLT, line drawing, point drawing, rectangle fill
- Blending, transparent color specification
- Copy engine
- High speed rectangle fill drawing, format conversion
- Standards supported: OpenVG 1.1
- The high performance third generation GSHARK-TAKUMI architecture
- GV330 adopts the third generation GSHARK-TAKUMI architecture with significant enhancements on vector/pixel performance and bus efficiency targeting on further acceleration of the frequently used applications in GUI, i.e., drawing of image, map and font, allowing GV330 to perform best-in-class. GV330 also comes with the optional high speed module, enabling optimized performance and gate count trade-off.
- High quality vector graphics rendering
- Conforming to the OpenVG standard, quality and advanced vector graphics including drawing of lines/curves/images as well as blending and antialiasing are available.
- Smaller and less power consuming
- Inheriting GSHARK-TAKUMI graphics architecture well-accepted in mobile devices and introducing the design approach targeting the smallest-in-class gate count and power consumption, advanced graphics rendering performance and small power consumption come together to make GV330 an IP of choice for mobile devices including handsets.
- The hardwired approach for advanced performance and quality graphics
- GV330 significantly reduces the high-CPU-load processes including tessellation unique to vector graphics by processing them with TAKUMI’s original processor. Executing all high-load graphics accelerations in the hardware, resulting in less CPU load, GV330 ensures graphics acceleration with advanced performance and quality in embedded systems.
- GV330 supports and conforms to the Khronos Group OpenVG standard. Adopting the industrial standard API makes GV330 friendly to PC or smartphone applications and allows use of standard-supporting middlewares and development environments, which will securely reduce the application development time and cost at customer’s end.
- Easier system integration
- GV330 as well as other GSHARK-TAKUMI IP cores is provided in synthesizable data for independence on the semiconductor process technologies. Interface to the customer logic also supports the industrial standards and is provided in a customizable format, allowing easier modification to the customer design asset. For example, GSHARK-TAKUMI is easily integrated to the customer SoC interfacing the standard bus system such as AXI to the customer's original one.
- Synthesizable RTL
- OpenVG 1.1 libraries
- Mobile handsets, consumer electronics devices including digital still camera and camcorders as well as digital TVs and STBs, and printers