Aliathon’s 2.5Gbps GFP-T Encoder Core provides a flexible, resource-efficient, high-density programmable logic based solution for GFP interfacing.
The core encodes 8B/10B signals and maps them into fixed length transparent GFP blocks. The Core also simultaneously extracts the 8B/10B signals from received GFP-T blocks.
- Compliant with ITU-T G.7041 specification.
- Best-in-Class size and performance. Multiple FPGA vendor support.
- Accepts 64 byte blocks of data from an 8B/10B data source.
- Encodes input blocks into 67 byte GFP-T blocks as per G.7041.
- Calculates block CRC-16 and verifies block CRC-16.
- Extracts 64 byte 8B/10B blocks of data from GFP-T frames.
- Supports multiple blocks per GFP frame.
- Supports multiple channels using GFP Extension Header channel ID.
- Inserts/detects 10B_ERR code for unrecognised K characters. Inserts/detects 65B_PAD code for rate adaptation.
- Interfaces to Aliathon’s GFP Framer core for GFP transmission.
- Overhead and Defect processing including:
- CRC error.
- Performance Monitoring Counter (CRC).