PSI6254XRX is a 4 channel SERDES capable of providing XAUI (10G Attachment Unit Interface), RXAUI (10G Reduced Attachment Unit Interface) and SGMII interfaces. Fig. 1 shows the top-level block diagram of this module in the XAUI mode where these 4 channels can receive and transmit data at the rate of 3.125Gbps each. The eye diagram at the TX output in the XAUI mode is shown in Fig. 2. Fig. 3 shows the top-level block diagram of the module in RXAUI mode where 2 channels are disabled and the other 2 operate at the rate of 6.25Gbps each. The eye diagram in the RXAUI mode is shown in Fig. 4. The 4 channels can also operate as 4 independent channels. Depending on the application, each transmitter can serialize 8, 10, 16 or 20 bit parallel data to a differential serial output and each receiver can de-serialize a differential serial input to 8, 10, 16 or 20 bit parallel output. A common block including a TXPLL provides clocks to the serializers in all channels. To improve signal integrity the common block also includes a calibration circuit providing control signals to make the transmitter output resistance and the receiver input resistance within 50Ω±5%.
- 4 channel SERDES capable of operating at 1.25, 2.5-3.125 and 5-6.25Gbps.
- Jitter generation and jitter tolerance exceed SGMII, XAUI and RXAUI specifications.
- Serial output driver with calibrated on-chip termination resistor.
- Selectable pre-emphasis level of signal at the output driver.
- Serial input receiver with calibrated on-chip termination resistor.
- Fixed equalization capability at the receiver input.
- Near end and far end serial loopback.
- Loss of signal detector.
- Eye monitor
- AC JTAG
- Reference clock can be 25MHz or 156.25MHz.
- 2 power supplies of 0.9V and 1.2V.
- Only one external component is used (external resistor for termination resistor calibration).
- TSMC 40nm G process.