The Xelic Optical Transport Network (OTN) 40G Framer Core (XCO3) performs Optical Channel Transport Unit (OTU), Optical Channel Data Unit (ODU), and Optical Channel Payload Unit (OPU) overhead/data processing, aligns incoming OTU3 or ODU3 frames, and provides overhead interpretation with error detection and performance monitoring. The XCO3 contains independent transmit and receive processors with external ports for overhead insertion and extraction with support for ODUk streaming and payload mapping modes of operation. Delay Measurement capability is provided in both Transmit (PM/TCMi) and Receive (TCMi) processors. Client and Line side data transfers use read enable and data valid signaling at clock rates up to 180 MHz to allow for flexible system clocking schemes. A flexible data bus architecture is used for ODUk/OTUk transport to provide 256-bit transfers for FPGA applications and 128-bit transfers for ASIC implementations.
The XCO3 Transmit Processor inserts OTUk, ODUk, and OPUk overhead, calculates and inserts parity, automatically generates Backward Defect Indication (BDI) signaling, and scrambles generated frames. Support is provided for both asynchronous mapping procedure (AMP) and generic mapping procedure (GMP) justification methods. Programmable Trail Trace Identifier buffers are implemented for Section Monitoring (SM), Path Monitoring (PM), and Tandem Connection Monitoring (TCM) overhead insertion. The XCO3 supports up to 6 levels of tandem connection overhead insertion and interpretation. Diagnostics support includes optional corruption of inserted parity and maintenance signal insertion. Programmable payload support includes asynchronous, bit synchronous, GFP, null test, and PRBS mapping types.
The XCO3 Receive Processor contains a configurable frame alignment unit with programmable options for OOF/OOM and LOFLOM algorithm state transitions. Incoming OTUk or ODUk frames are descrambled (optional) and aligned for OTN overhead processing. OTUk, ODUk, and OPUk overhead information is extracted to both internal register locations and an external overhead port. Frame alignment signal overhead is interpreted to detect and report various conditions which include OOF, OOM, and LOFLOM. Support is provided for both asynchronous mapping procedure (AMP) and generic mapping procedure (GMP) justification methods. OUT AIS, ODU AIS, ODU LCK, ODU OCI and client generic AIS maintenance signals are detected with optional interrupt generation. FTFL and up to 6 levels of TCM insertion and interpret is provided. OPUk payload type mismatch error conditions are detected and support is provided for programmable payload type accept and inconsistent thresholds.
Performance counters (configurable for error sync mode) are provided for the accumulation of inserted (XCO3 transmit processor) and detected (XCO3 receive processor) positive and negative justification events along with BIP-8 parity and BEI errors for OTU SM, ODU TCMi, and ODU PM (XCO3 receive processor). Counters are configurable for saturating latch and clear operation or periodic error sync auto-update mode.
The XCO3 provides facility and terminal loopback modes of operation using Transmit and Receive Processor data path configurations for system debug purposes.
A 16-bit generic register interface for access and configuration of internal memory mapped locations is included.
- Suitable for FPGA and/or ASIC implementations.
- Integration support and maintenance available.
- XCO3 core available under flexible single use licensing terms with netlist or source code deliverables.
- Implements flexible data bus architecture.
- Provides for streaming and normal modes of operation.
- Implements 16-bit register interface for programming of internal registers.
- Complies with ITU-T G.709 and ITU-T G.798 specifications.
- Supports transmit and receive facility and terminal loopback configurations.
- Support is provided for both asynchronous mapping procedure (AMP) and generic mapping procedure (GMP) justification methods.
- Accepts streaming ODUk frames or mapped client signals bit streams.
- Provides programmable PM/TCMi Delay Measurement capability.
- Flexible insertion and extraction of OTUk, ODUk, and OPUk overhead byte information.
- Inserts OTUk or ODUk frame alignment signal information.
- Provides optional scrambling (1 + x + x3 + x12 + x16) capability.
- Inserts OTUk SM, GCC0, and RES overhead through internal register control or an external overhead port.
- Inserts ODUk RES, TCM ACT, FTFL, PM, EXP, GCC1, GCC2, and APS/PCC overhead through internal register control or an external overhead port.
- Interprets and extracts ODU TCM (support for up to 6 levels of tandem connection monitoring) overhead information to internal register locations.
- Provides 6 levels of tandem connection overhead insertion.
- Programmable positive and negative justification counters provided for asynchronous CBR payload types with user defined interval or errored second accumulation.
- Optionally inserts ODU AIS, ODU LCK, ODU OCI and client generic AIS maintenance signals.
- Provides optional descrambling capability.
- Provides programmable PM/TCMi Delay Measurement capability.
- Performs selectable OTUk or ODUk frame alignment with programmable OOF/OOM and LOFLOM detection.
- Detects FAS OOF, OOM, and LOFLOM conditions with optional interrupt generation.
- Provides saturating counters with programmable latch and clear or incoming error sync capture configurations.
- Provides independent performance counters for the accumulation of OOF and OOM errors with optional interrupt generation for OOF and OOM error detection.
- Detects OTU-AIS error condition with optional interrupt generation.
- Interprets and extracts OTU SM, GCC0 and RES overhead information to internal register locations with programmable accept and inconsistent maskable interrupt capability.
- Interprets and extracts ODU RES, TCM ACT, TCM (support for up to 6 levels of tandem connection monitoring), PM, EXP, GCC1, GCC2, and APS/PCC overhead information to internal register locations with programmable accept and inconsistent maskable interrupt capability.
- Provides independent performance counters for the accumulation BIP-8 and BEI errors (SM, TCMi, PM) with optional interrupt generation.