TICO compression is new patent-pending visually lossless light compression specifically designed for the industry. This revolutionary technology is extremely tiny in hardware (FPGA, ASIC) , fast and powerful in software (CPU), robust for real-time operation with no latency.
Up to now, image and video are sent or stored uncompressed into many displays and systems such as cameras videos servers or recorders. TICO is a smart upgrade path to manage higher resolutions (4K, 8K…) and frame rates while assuring visual quality, keeping power and bandwidth at a reasonable budget and reducing significantly the complexity and cost of the system.
- Visually Lossless quality between 2:1 and 4:1.
- Persistent and Robust: Indistinguishable image loss over multiple generations
- Latency: Few Microseconds – very few line of pixels ( selectable from 1 to x)
- Small complexity and ultra-compact codec: easy to implement in low-cost FPGA or ASIC. It uses little internal memory and no external memory.
- Powerful , Real-time or faster than real-time in CPU
- Compatible with different resolutions, from mobile to 4K/8K UHDTV, via multiple usual transport schemes.
- Designed to be a standard for the industry-wide support: TICO compression technology is available on multiple software and hardware technologies. Code, hardware IP-cores and software libraries are licensable from intoPIX.
- Support higher Data stream (HD, 4K, 8K …) in existing systems or networks using the available pipeline bandwidth.
- Increase the number of streams or the stream resolution that could be supported in a multi-stream configuration
- Reduce significantly the internal video bandwidth (and power consumption) in systems such as mobile devices, cameras, video servers and displays.
- Increase with cost-effectiveness the storage or video buffer capacity.
- Solve display link limitation on TV, monitor and mobile panel to carry larger resolutions than could be support by a display link with uncompressed images and video in real time.
- Reduce the number of lanes in a display interface needed to transport a display stream in order to save power, cost, or both. Or even enable the use of a lower link rate for applications where high link rates may not be possible
- Digital Video Recorders
- Video Servers, mixers , routers and switchers
- Cameras (high-res, real-time or high speed)
- Video monitor and displays
- Frame grabbers and video capture devices
- Video over IP systems
- Industrial and surveillance
- Cable extenders