The S3REG54HVT18 is a regulator circuit which has been designed to provide 1.8V with a load current of up to 5mA. The output voltage is programmable.
The S3REG54HVT18 is a regulator circuit that features an automatic feedback sensing option to maintain a constant regulated output voltage level. It has been designed to provide a stable output in both low-drop and high-drop operation, while maintaining minimum ripple on supply lines in the presence of large load current spikes inherent with switching loads, e.g. high-speed ADCs.
The S3REG54HVT18 has been designed to allow low-drop operation (the LDPMOS pass device has been scaled for a voltage drop of 500mV). To achieve these goals, the S3REG54HVT18 requires a 1F external ceramic capacitor.
- 180nm TSMC High Voltage Mixed-Signal Process, 6 Metals Used
- 4V – 15V Input Voltage
- 1.8V +/-4% Output Voltage
- 5mA Load Current
- 500mV Drop Out Voltage
- Compact Die Area: 0.16mm2
- Leakage Via Pass Device : 35nA
- Programmable Output Voltage
- Power Down Mode
- The S3REG54HVT18 uses 32V LDMOS oxide devices from the 180nm high voltage process. The circuit can be scaled for a range of load currents and the output voltage level is programmable.
- For maximum flexibility, the user can adjust the regulated output voltage if the S3REG54HVT18 is placed on a different chip.
- The S3REG54HVT18 is readily portable to other manufacturing processes or can be customised for specific customer requirements.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- (Subject to Agreement)
- General Purpose Voltage Regulator
Block Diagram of the Low Drop Out 5mA Regulator in TSMC 180nm