This RF transceiver IP is the design data base of a WiFi Dual Band RF Transceiver extracted from a 55nm production chip shipped in Tier 1 handsets.
The RF Architecture gives highest level of integration, and optimized for low power consumption. A single RF LC oscillator PLL provides the quadrature LO signals to the low and high band up and down converters.
The low and high band signals are demodulated by separate RF front-ends. The radio signal from the balanced 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz RF input is amplified by the low band or high band LNA he digital modem implements the OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulation for all frame-formats specified for a single layer/transmitter. The OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulated I/Q signals use a common circuit for digital up-sampling, filtering, quadrature imbalance compensation, LO leakage correction, and digital power scaling.
The RF design incorporates best in class cellular blocker tolerance & transmit emissions in cellular bands. PTA/ePTA with BT.
Dual Band 2.4 / 5GHz designed to support supports following standard:
-802.11 a/b/g/n (d,e,h,I,k,r,w)
-802.11d Regulatory Domain
-802.11h 5GHz TPC/DFS
Wireless Extensions support
Supplied as source code for internalization and customization
-Analog: Dual Band 802.11 N 2.4/5GHz RF & AFE in 55nm
-Digital: Complete Phy, Modem and CPU subsystem include PMU
- High Volume Silicon Proven in 55nm
- Extracted from Design Data Base of production chip
- Dual Band 2.4/5 Ghz 20MHz RF transceiver with integrated PA &
- Digital interface through integrated AFE (ADC/DAC)
- Best-in-class IOT with comprehensive coverage
- Ultra low power consumption with innovative host offloading features RF design includes best in class cellular blocker and innovative LTE & BT Co-Existence
- Certified in Tier 1 handset shipped in high volume
- Tx Power: +19.5dBm at Antenna (2.4GHz)
- Rx Sensitivity: -97dBm
- WLAN Dual Band BOM
- Low number of external components
- 17C’s, 3L, 2.4GHz Balun, 5GHz FEM, Coexist switch, BPF
- Optional 5GHz FEM allows cost effective single band variant
- Source Code of Design Data Base with rights to modify
- Source Code
- Certification Certificates
Block Diagram of the 802.11 N/G/B/A 2.4/5GHz RF Transceiver IP