The 8051 Processor IP Core is binary compatible to the well known 8051 processor from Intel. The 8051 IP core is available as a parameterizeable, synthesizeable circuit description (VHDL).
The 8051 IP core offers faster program execution compared to the original 8051 devices since we have optimized the processor’s architecture. Additionally the 8051 IP core offers some sort of parametrizeability. The 8051 IP Core is available free of charge even for industrial applications under the LGPL (Lesser General Public License).
- fully synchronous circuit design
- single clock
- synthesizeable circuit description
- OP code compatible to original Intel 8051 device
- faster command execution due to new architecture
- all commands are executed in 1-4 clock cycles depending on the number of operands
- separate RAM and ROM data/address busses
- parametrizeable number of timer and UART units
- conventional multiplying algorithm or fast parallel multiplier units
- conventional dividing algorithm or fast parallel divider units
- verified to be compatible using extensive simulations – but no guarantee