The IntelliProp IPC-BL120A-ZM is an AES-XTS Encryption Core supporting 128 or 256 bit encryption. The IPC-BL120A-ZM provides encryption/decryption based on a design principle known as substitution-permutation network (SP-network). An SP-network takes a block of the plaintext (clear data or non-encrypted data) and the key as inputs, and applies several alternating “rounds” or “layers” of substitution boxes and permutation boxes to produce the ciphertext (encrypted data). The IPC-BL120A-ZM is fully verified in pseudo random simulation.
- Full Verilog core
- 128 or 256 bit selectable AES encryption
- The AES-XTS algorithm is FIPS-197 certified, cert. no 2408.
- The encode and decode channels are made to look and act like independent FIFOs for ease of integration. The control block has a register interface to be easily managed by a hardware state machine or controlled by a processor for operations such as key initialization, and TWEAK configuration and management.
- Programmable number of pipeline paths allows the user to balance area/bandwidth requirements. The number of parallel pipelines can be configured to support high performance/high throughput applications as well as lower performance and/or resource limited applications.
- The core has a simulation test bench and register initialization sequence to support rapid integration
- Processor and RTL control interface
- Independent Cipher/Inverse Cipher key management
- Concurrent encode and decode support
- Bypass functionality to send data through the Core unmodified
- Supports integer multiples of 16 byte Data Unit sizes
- Encrypted RTL code
- Self-checking test bench in Verilog Modelsim (please contact IntelliProp for latest supported Modelsim versions). Other simulators may be supported, please check with IntelliProp.
- Simulation scripts, vectors, and expected results
- Synthesis or place and route script
- Comprehensive user documentation
- Applications that require integration into the data path to provide encryption/decryption of data
- Applications where high levels of encryption are required
- Applications requiring FIPS-197 certified encryption/ decryption algorithms
- Applications that require very high throughput and an encryption solution that has minimal impact on throughput