The eSi-UART core can be used to implement asynchronous serial communications. It is ideally suited for implementing RS232 or ISO7816-3 for smartcard based connectivity. The UART is supplied with an AMBA APB slave interface and so can be driven by software or via DMA.
- 7 or 8 data bits.
- 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Parity bit (None / Even / Odd / Mark / Space).
- Optional RTS/CTS flow control.
- Programmable bit rate.
- Optional ISO 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 support, with NACK and retry.
- Configurable TX and RX FIFO.
- Programmable receive timeout and transmit guard time.
- AMBA 3 APB slave interface.
- DMA flow-control interface.
- Verilog RTL
- Simulation and synthesis scripts
- C API
Block Diagram of the APB UART with optional ISO7816-3