The Arm® Cortex®-A32 processor is the smallest, lowest-power Armv8-A processor optimized for 32-bit embedded applications. It uses an efficient, 8-stage, in-order pipeline that has been extensively optimised to provide the 32-bit Armv8-A features in the smallest footprint and power.
- 32-bit Armv8-A architecture - The Cortex-A32 processor supports the AArch32 execution state specified in the Armv8-A architecture profile. In this execution state, it supports the A32/T32 instruction set and is fully compatible with Armv7-A.
- New idle power management features -Incorporates new power management features compared to the Cortex-A7 processor thereby providing more capabilities to reduce leakage power in the CPU idle states.
- bScalable and versatile - The Cortex-A32 processor can be configured from a single core configuration to a maximum configuration that includes four CPU cores in a cluster with a shared L2 cache.
- Armv8-A architectural enhancements, full backwards compatibility with Armv7-A software
- New power management features
- Configurable and scalable 32-bit processor with new configuration options
- Efficiency and performance improvements when compared to Cortex-A7 processor
- Single board computers (SBCs)
- Home automation
- Low-power IoT nodes supporting rich OS
Block Diagram of the Arm Cortex-A32 IP Core