The Arm® Cortex®-R52 delivers the highest level of integrated capability for functional safety of any Arm processor. The Cortex-R52 processor meets the rising performance needs of advanced real-time embedded systems. As the first Armv8-R processor, Cortex-R52 introduces support for a hypervisor, simplifying software integration with robust separation to protect safety-critical code.
- Reliable - Most advanced integrated features for functional safety
- Robust - Simplified software separation
- Flexible - Virtualization support for application consolidation and multiple Operating system support
- Real Time - Lowest Cortex-R interrupt latency with immediate event response
- Streamlined next-generation system development with the highest level of integrated functional safety features
- Simplified integration of complex software through strong separation of mixed criticality code without impacting real-time performance
- Address higher workloads with increased performance compared to Cortex-R5
- Improved signal processing with efficient parallel calculations using the <a></a><a href= /technologies/neon >NEON</a> Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) extension.
- Building automation
Block Diagram of the Arm Cortex-R52 IP Core