The ASRC-pro (CWda52) is part of Coreworks family of multi-channel Asynchronous Audio Sample Rate Converters (ASRC). This core can be used to interface digital audio equipments operating at different sample rates. It has been designed for systems requiring very high quality in terms of low harmonic distortion and noise, tolerance and rejection of input jitter.
The ASRC-pro can perform common sample rate conversions with less than -130 dB of Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise (THD+N) and has a Dynamic range of 131 dB, supporting input data processing of up to 24-bit resolution.
Coreworks ASRC series are implemented to support several key industry interfaces: TDM parallel, TDM serial, Parallel, I2S, SPDIF-AES3.
Coreworks offers a broad range of asynchronous sample rate converters targeted for variety of audio applications.
- Fully digital audio asynchronous sample rate conversion
- Multi-channel audio, configurable up to 8 channels
- Automatically adjusts to input and output rate changes
- Input and output sample rate range: 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- Sampling rate conversion ratios from 1:7 to 7:1
- Supports multi-channel TDM serial/parallel audio, I2S, SPDIF, parallel handshaked
- High input jitter tolerance (small data bursts) and rejection capability
- Latency: 128/FSin + 2/FSout
- Lower than -130 dB THD+N for common conversion rates; greater than 131 dB Dynamic Range
- Real time reporting of sample rate conversion ratio
- Extremely fast synchronization time (128 input sample periods)
- Pre-synthesis Clkout configuration from 64xFSout to 1024xFSout
- Integrating this unique component will eliminate a discrete component in the bill of materials
- Support for both FPGA and ASIC with seamless transition
- Scalable architecture allows features to be added upon request
- Datasheet and user documentation for system integration
- RTL code in Verilog or FPGA netlist
- RTL testbench
- Synthesis and implementation constraints
- Set-top boxes, professional and hi-fi audio
- Home Theater Systems
- Automotive Audio Systems
- Digital Audio Effects Processors
- Digital Audio Broadcast Equipment
Block Diagram of the ASRC-Pro : 24-bit -130dB THD+N Multi-Channel Audio Sample Rate Converter