ATA/ATAPI Controller core provides interface between a host system and a ATA/ATAPI device. This core can be used to control ATA/ATAPI memory devices such as hard-disk drives CD or DVD players and etc.
- Supports interface between processor and hard disk.
- Supports parallel ATA/ATAPI-6 mode of operation.
- Supports ATA PIO mode 0,1,2,3, and 4.
- Supports ATA Multi Word DMA mode 0, 1 and 2.
- Supports ATA UDMA mode 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Desktop computers and set-top-box systems uses ATAPI drive for data storage
- Control Memories like HDD, CD/DVD etc.
- Data acquisition systems
- Data storage for PC and notebooks
Block Diagram of the ATAPI Host Controller IP Core