The T-COR-11 FPGA IP core for tracking objects in video stream images is designed for use in vision systems intended for various applications (security systems, specialized systems, etc.) that are based on FPGA. The core is a completed module suitable for use in any FPGA projects. The core represents a simple data exchange interface that ensures easy integration into various systems. The core makes use of a modified high-performance correlation tracking algorithm which allows tracking of all types of objects. The implemented algorithms provide stable tracking of small-size and low-contrast objects against a complex background. The algorithms are perfectly suitable for tracking ground, surface and aerial objects of any type. Capture of objects for tracking is carried out by a command. In case of loss of the object (tracking break), the algorithms predict the path followed by the object up to automatic re-capture. Thus, the T-COR-11 IP core is a versatile module that allows its use in any FPGA projects for vision systems.
- Maximum and minimum sizes of tracking strobes - The maximum size of tracking strobe is 128x128 pixels. The minimum size of tracking strobe is 16x16 pixels. The strobe size can be set separately for each object, both before object capture for tracking and during tracking.
- Number of tracking channels - 5 independent tracking chanels.
- Maximum size of tracking object - Maximum size of the tracking object is limited by maximum size of the tracking strobe (128x128 pixels).
- Minimum size of tracking object - The core ensures stable tracking of objects of up to 8x8 pixels size.
- Maximum movement speed of tracking object - For a sudden change of the position of tracking object, the speed is no more than 20 pixels per frame in any direction. For a steady movement of the tracking object, the speed is limited by the capability of the tracking system used (drives speed).
- Minimum contrast of tracking objects - The core ensures stable tracking of objects featuring from to 10% contrast.
- Maximum size of frames - The core operates with frames of up to 2048x2048 pixels size.
- Elongation of tracking objects - Tracking objects can have any configuration within the maximum size of tracking strobes.
- Output coordinates accuracy - Output coordinates of tracking objects are obtained with 1 pixel accuracy.
- Time lag of output coordinates - At the frame refresh rate of 25 Hz and recommended sizes of the tracking strobe, the core calculates the object coordinates before the end of the next frame in the video sequence (delay is 1 frame).
- Format of processed images The core works with images having color palette of 256 colors (grayscale) – 8 bits/pixel.
- Maximum frame rate - Until for 30 Hz.
- Note: the data above is given for FPGA Xilinx Kintes-7.
- Intellectual Property object tracking cores (IP Cores) supplied by RIFTEK ensure stable tracking of various classes of objects such as vehicles, flying objects, surface objects and humans. The IP cores are capable of operation with any video sources featuring resolution up to 2048x2048 pixels. Video source for IP cores can be provided by both common cameras and thermal vision cameras. The IP cores allow simultaneous tracking of several objects and simultaneous detection of up to 128 moving objects. A simple data exchange interface ensures easy integration of the IP cores into any FPGA-base technical vision systems. The cores require a little use of FPGA resources, which allows one to combine several cores in one project. Our IP cores support all FPGA families of Xilinx company.
- Synthesizable VHDL, full technical support
- The core can be used in any vision applications such as security video surveillance systems and in special robotic vision systems.
Block Diagram of the Automatic Video Tracking IP Core IP Core