The Rambus AXI DMA Back-End Core provides high-performance, scatter-gather DMA operation in a flexible fashion. This enables the core to be easily integrated and used in a wide variety of DMA-based systems.
Key features which contribute to this flexibility include:
• Works with Rambus PCIe Cores and FPGA hard cores
• Can be configured with multiple independent DMA Engines which each have their own user interface
• Supports Packet/Block and Addressed/Non-addressed transfers
• Supports host-based and local descriptors
• Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
Using the core eliminates the need for the user to implement their own DMA design significantly reducing development time and risk.
In addition, Rambus provides companion Windows and Linux DMA Drivers. The DMA Driver works hand-in-hand with the AXI DMA Back-End Core to implement host-based, scattergather DMA operation.
Rambus also provides board support packages for a wide variety of PCI Express boards. This support packages including a working FPGA design, Driver and GUI binaries. Contact Rambus for more information.
Rambus also provides IP Core customization services. Contact Rambus for a quote.