The LogiCORE™ IP AXI Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) Lite interface connects to the Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA®) specification’s Advanced eXtensible Interface (AXI) and provides the controller interface for asynchronous serial data transfer. This soft LogiCORE IP core is designed to interface with the AXI4-Lite protocol.
- AXI interface is based on the AXI4-Lite specification
- One transmit and one receive channel (full duplex)
- 16-character transmit and receive FIFOs
- Configurable number of data bits (5-8) in a character
- Configurable parity bit (odd or even or none)
- Configurable baud rate