The Bit Block Transfer (BitBLT) Graphics Engine IP Core provides hardware acceleration of block moves with Raster Operation (256 data manipulation operations) of off-screen or on-screen data within frame buffer memory in a graphic display system. In addition, the DB9100AXI4 provides hardware accelerated 2D graphics rendering capability. Utilizing the accelerated BitBLT & 2 D graphics operations, the DB9100AXI4 IP Core greatly increases software productivity.
The Bit Block Transfer (BitBLT) Graphics Engine IP Core works in parallel with the TFT LCD Controller IP Core, interfacing a microprocessor and frame buffer memory via the AMBA AXI4 Bus to a TFT LCD panel. Frame buffer memory typically is either on-chip SRAM memory or larger off-chip SRAM or SDRAM.
- Bit Block Transfer – 3 Independent Memory Sources of data:
- On-Screen & Off-Screen Data Block (SRC)
- Off-Screen Fixed Pattern Data Block (PTN)
- On-Screen visible Data Block (DST)
- 2D Raster Operations (ROP) performed on Block Transfers:
- 256 Raster Operations
- ROP0, ROP1, ROP2, & ROP3 operations
- Includes industries most popular 16 ROPs
- BitBLT Draw Features:
- Pixels, Horizontal & Vertical Lines
- Overlapping & Non-Overlapping Block Transfers
- Solid Color Block Fills
- FONT Monochrome Bitmap to Color Expansion, either Transparent or Opaque
- Rotation Block Transfers: 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees
- Block Stretch on X & Y Axis
- Alpha Blending
- Sprite Moves
- 2D Graphics Rendering Engine (Option):
- Pixel Drawing
- Line (Vector) Drawing – any direction
- Polygon Rendering
- Filled Polygon
- Command FIFO or Link-List Display Processing Unit
- Frame Buffer & Display Features Supported
- Display Resolutions 4K x 4K
- 8, 16 , 24, & 32 bits-per-pixel color depths
- Interrupt Controller with 3 sources of internal interrupts with masking control
- Reference Software Driver Included
- On-Chip Interconnect Compliance - AXI, AXI4, AHB, Avalon
- Compatible with Digital Blocks DB9000 Family of TFT LCD Controller IP Cores and Reference Designs
- Fully-synchronous, synthesizable Verilog RTL core
- The DB9100 family of BitBLT Graphics Hardware Accelerator IP Cores provides a higher graphics performance than a Host or GPU, while offering higher software productivity.
- Verilog RTL Source or technology-specific netlist.
- Comprehensive testbench suite with expected results.
- Synthesis scripts.
- Installation & Implementation Guide.
- Technical Reference Manual.
Block Diagram of the Bit Block Transfer (BitBLT) Graphics Engine IP Core