This Baseband Controller IP core is a composite HW-FW implementation of the Classic Bluetooth specifications and Bluetooth Low Energy v5.2 Specifications.
Compatible with the standard Bluetooth HCI, it can be used with any Bluetooth dual mode 5.2 host software protocol stack and profiles, either split around the HCI so that the lower layers and upper layers can run on different processors or systems, or combined together to run on the same processor to make a fully hosted solution.
The feature set for supporting headset solution (including TWS) has been prioritized.
• Will support 2 connections
• The IP will provide the hooks to ensure power save mechanisms in the SoC
• Power gating, clock gating and maintaining a low power domain during sleep are basic hooks
• Protocol based features like adaptive window widening and slave latency will be supported.
• The IP has always been architected to minimize the uptime of RF