Silex Insight has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA110-HD core is a single-FPGA solution optimized for multi-channel 720p30/60, 1080i and 1080p30/60 JPEG 2000 encoding on untiled color frames with 4:2:2 sub-sampling.
Silex Insight has developed world-class expertise in the broadcast market. Through our comprehensive portfolio including hardware-validated IP, reference designs (such as the BA150 Video over IP) and systems integration services, we enable broadcast equipment manufacturers to accelerate product development.
We provide extensive systems integration and design services and integrate a wide range of IP cores like SMPTE 2022, SMPTE SDI, Ethernet MACs, JPEG 2000, crypto and high-performance memory controllers.
- Broadcast profile compliant
- Multi-channel interface
- Single-FPGA solution for multi-channel HD: 720p30/60, 1080i, 1080p30/60
- Customizable ouput bit rate: up to 250Mbps / 500Mbps / 1Gbps+ / lossless
- YUV (4:2:2) color space
- Wavelet filters: 9/7, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Full-frame encoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: 10 bits per color sample
- Configurable bit rate on a frame by frame basis with 3 selectable regulation modes
- Quality: support of untiled images for HDTV
- Flexibility: support for the widest spectrum of JPEG 2000
- options, configurable frame size and easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support more simultaneous channels, larger images or higher frame rates
- Compactness: cost-effective, smallest FPGA for your requirements
- Local Video Distribution
- Video over IP