Large screen displays, mobile analogue TV reception and video compression have put even greater demands on the analogue video decoder. For example residual artifacts from a single IC line comb decoder IC use up valuable bandwidth when the signal is compressed - up to 20%. The same artifacts become even more visible when processed by large TV display de-interlacers. Mobile TV reception requires extremely robust sync detection and interfacing to fixed frequency video demodulators.
PT5 is designed to address all of these issues and more. PT5 can accept fixed rate sampling at its input allowing easy interfacing to video demodulators. Fixed rate sampling also allows the use of multiple single package ADCs or over-clocking of a single ADC at the analogue front end when many decoders are required (e.g. matrix display security systems) for a low cost application. The adaptive 3D comb filter switches on a pixel by basis between notch, line and and frame comb filters based on a quality measurement of all modes producing a very low artifact output even on the most 'difficult' video sources. PT5 is also very robust and is able to lock to video signals with very high levels noise or high levels of instability.
- PAL-B/D/G/I/M/N, NTSC-M/J decoding.
- Enhanced bandwidth mode (960H - 36MHz sampling and 1280H - 54 MHz sampling).
- Pixel by pixel adaptation between notch, 2D 3 line comb and symmetric 3D frame comb.
- No compensating audio delay required.
- 12 bit data paths.
- Very robust sync detection and clock receovery.
- Fixed rate input sampling allows interface to video demodulators or multiplexed analogue channels through a single ADC, (minimal analogue area for multiple channels).
- Demonstration board available (SB9).
- Compact design (low resource usage).
- Broadcast quality decoding.
- Proprietary comb filter (e.g. 3 line PAL comb).
- Accepts fixed rate sampling of video input.
- Very robust sync detection.
- Field proven.
- PT5 is supplied as RTL compliant Verilog source code for unlimited time/unit use, (all FPGA vendors and ASIC/IC) and with 6 months e-mail support and a 3 year update guarantee.
- SB9 evaluation board available.
- Broadcast quality decoding of legacy NTSC/PAL.
- Security (CCTV).
- 960H/1280H decoding.
Block Diagram of the Broadcast Quality Video Decoder with 3D comb filter, sample rate converter and 960H/1280H compatibility