The C_CAN FD8 is a CAN IP module that can be realized as a stand-alone device, as part of an ASIC or as a FPGA (Altera or Xilinx).
The C_CAN FD8 performs communication according to ISO 11898-1:2015 up to 8 byte payload. For the connection to the physical layer additional transceiver hardware is required.
For communication on a CAN network, individual Message Objects are configured. The Message Objects and Identifier Masks are stored in the Message RAM.
All functions concerning the handling of messages are implemented in the Message Handler. Those functions are the acceptance filtering, the transfer of messages between the CAN_Core and the Message RAM, and the handling of transmission requests as well as the generation of the module interrupt.
The register set of the C_CAN FD8 can be accessed directly by an external CPU via the module interface. These registers are used to control/configure the CAN_Core and the Message Handler and to access the Message RAM.
The C_CAN FD8 module is delivered with an example of the AMBA APB bus interface from ARM. For Altera FPGAs the Altera Avalon bus interface is provided.
They can easily be replaced by a user-defined module interface.
- Supports CAN protocol version 2.0 part A, B and CAN FD up to 8 byte payload
- 32 Message Objects
- Each Message Object has its own Identifier Mask
- Programmable FIFO mode
- Maskable interrupt
- Programmable loop-back mode for self-test
- Based on the most widely used CAN IP module the C_CAN
- Driver Support of the C_CAN can be re-used for C_CAN FD8
- Well documented VHDL source code
- Complete testbench including the BOSCH VHDL Reference CAN model
- Detailed User's Manual
- Module Integration Guide
Block Diagram of the Controller Area Network IP IP Core