Barco Silex has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA109-DCI core is a compact, single-FPGA JPEG2000 decoder dedicated to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives). It is able to sustain the high decoding requirements of the large DCI frame formats: 2k2D up to 120fps, 2k3D up to 120fps/eye, 4k2D up to 60fps, 4k3D up to 30fps/eye...
The BA109-DCI decoder performs JPEG 2000 decoding on large untiled color frames with 4:4:4 sub-sampling.
The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure decoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography products. (DCI AES and HMAC).
The core also provides easy interfacing with watermarking IP cores.
- Compliant with DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) recommendation
- Single-FPGA solution for multi-channel DCI: 2k2D up to 120fps, 2k3D up to 120fps/eye, 4k2D up to 60fps, 4k3D up to 30fps/eye
- Customizable input bit rate: 250Mbps / 500Mbps and higher
- XYZ, RGB (4:4:4) color space with support for ICT color transform
- Wavelet filters: 9/7, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Full-frame decoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: 12 bits per color sample
- Fully autonomous decoder with automatic parameter extraction, minimal user intervention
- Quality: support of untiled images for 2K and 4K
- Flexibility: configurable frame size and easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support the highest frame-rate in 3D formats
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts
- Digital Cinema