Barco Silex has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA110-DCI core is a compact, single-FPGA JPEG2000 encoder dedicated to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives). It is able to sustain the high encoding requirements of the large DCI frame formats: 2k2D up to 120fps, 2k3D up to 120fps/eye, 4k2D up to 60fps, 4k3D up to 30fps/eye.
The BA110-DCI core generates streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000) and with the DCI recommendation for video coding. The BA110-DCI encoder performs JPEG 2000 encoding of large untiled color frames with 4:4:4 sub-sampling.
The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure encoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography products. (DCI AES)
The core also provides easy interfacing with watermarking IP cores.
- Compliant with DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) recommendation
- Integrated Intellectual Property (IP) core for JPEG 2000
- Single-FPGA solution for multi-channel DCI: 2k2D up to 120fps, 2k3D up to 120fps/eye, 4k2D up to 60fps, 4k3D up to 30fps/eye
- Customizable output bit rate: 250Mbps / 500Mbps and higher
- XYZ, RGB (4:4:4) color spaces with support for ICT color transform:
- Wavelet filters: 9/7, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Full-frame encoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: 12 bits per color sample
- Configurable bit rate on a frame by frame basis with 3 selectable regulation modes
- Quality: quantization, weights, …
- Minimal user intervention
- Quality: support of untiled images for 2K and 4K
- Flexibility: configurable frame size and easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support the highest frame-rate in 3D formats
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts
- Digital Cinema