Lattice DFE (Digital Front End) demo provides a digital solution consisting of CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface), DUC (Digital Up Converter) and CFR (Crest Factor Reduction) for 2 antenna, LTE (Long-Term Evolution) 2x2 MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) application. The demo design has been designed to work with the LatticeECP3 I/O Protocol Board.
The demo uses Ethernet to transfer DFE stimulus and output data between a PC and the board. The stimulus and output data of DFE are stored in on-board DDR3 memory.
- 2.45Gbps CPRI line rate: 2 x 20MHz LTE baseband signals
- Input 20MHz LTE baseband signal bandwidth with 30.72Msps sample rate
- Output data with 122.88Msps sample rate
- DUC (Digital Up Conversion): two antennas, parallel processing
- CFR (Crest Factor Reduction): two stages with total 10 clip engines with two antennas
- DUC and CFR work frequency: 122.88MHz
- Input signed 15-bit I/Q data
- Output signed 16-bit I/Q data
- Gigabit Ethernet connection
- 500Mbps DDR3 data rate
Block Diagram of the Digital Front End (DFE) Demo IP Core